Windows 10: USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.

Discus and support USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so my desktops usb ports keep disconnecting after probably about 5 minutes after powering up. I have a custom built gaming computer that doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GageNorem, Mar 25, 2019.

1. GageNorem Win User

USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.

Hello, so my desktops usb ports keep disconnecting after probably about 5 minutes after powering up. I have a custom built gaming computer that doesnt connect wirelessly to wifi so i use a usb converter thing to get wifi, thats the first thing that stops. but weirdly, if i unplug the usb it doesnt show any wifi connections or names. but plugged in it still shows names. it disconnects me from the wifi, but it a “no connection” error but still states its connected to that wifi. which tells me that its not that usb, its the adapter. but slowly after that i have a usb to hdmi converter which then disconnects from that TV its connected to, and then my PC freezes and i run into a windows “a error as accured” blue screen thing. ive tried using 2 wifi to usb adapters and that didnt fix it. but if i unplug the hdmi adapter it doesnt freeze until a longer period of time. i have no idea whats going on with my pc, i dont know if its usb ports that keep disconnecting or if its the wifi connector or if its the hdmi. im really stuck here.

:)

GageNorem, Mar 25, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

StarTech.com Announces USB-to-HDMI Adapter

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the USB to HDMI Adapter (USB2HDMI) - a convenient multi-monitor solution that enables users to connect an HDMI-capable display to a Windows or Mac-based laptop or desktop computer, through a USB 2.0 port.

The adapter is a cost-effective solution for adding a secondary monitor or several monitors (using multiple adapters), without having to update the computer video card, or even open the computer case. The adapter offers practical, scalable technology that could be utilized in many environments, including business and home applications. As a solution for enterprise or SOHO business users, the adapter makes it easy to add multi-monitor configurations for the sake of improved employee productivity, while home-users/end-users could benefit from the adapter’s use as a cost effective way to connect their home computer to an HDTV, for watching videos, viewing photos, or simply using the Internet.

USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc. 44a_thm.jpg

USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc. 44b_thm.jpg

USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc. 44c_thm.jpg

“We discovered that people were looking for an easier way to output video and audio from their non-HDMI enabled computers to an HDMI display” said John Mardinly, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “As is the case with many of our other USB adapters we offer, this adapter allows older computers to be used with today’s cutting-edge technology.”

The USB to HDMI Adapter offers the following features:
    • Support for 1080p display resolutions (1920 x 1080), 720p video playback recommended
    • USB-powered – the adapter draws power from the host USB connection, with no need for an additional power supply/adapter
    • Supports the Windows Aero interface in Windows Vista and Windows 7
    • Supports 2-channel (stereo) audio
    The USB to HDMI Adapter, is available from leading resellers including Misco, Insight and Amazon and is distributed by Ingram Micro, EntaTech and Micro-P. MSRP for this product is £83.99 GBP exc. VAT. For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Mar 25, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    How many USB ports do you use ? ( 7 years later )

Oh boy, ok.
    Uhm on the desktop:

• CMStorm Trigger Keyboard w/onboard USB hub
      • Sharkoon FireGlider Optical mouse
    • Generic USB3->eSATA adapter (for eSATA RAID encosure that the Intel eSATA port repeatedly drops the connection to *Roll Eyes USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc. :rolleyes:)
    • External USB Hub with individually switched ports populated by:
      • Xbox 360 Wireless receiver
      • Transciever for wireless corsair headset I never use
      • TM Warthog stick
      • TM Warthog throttle
      • CH Products rudder pedals
      • Sometimes a USB flash drive for booting to whatever
    • Aune T1
    • Oculus Rift DK2
    • DK2 Tracker
    • Cyberpower UPS
    • USB A > USB mini B cable
    • USB A > USB micro B cable
    On the laptop
    • Fiio E17
    • X360 Wireless receiver (sometimes)
    So I guess I'm using 18 USB devices, with the game controllers and universal cables only connected (by toggling the switched USB hub ports) to pc (and device, respectively) when needed. 9 USB ports on the desktop populated, one or two on the laptop as required; sometimes a third for USB drive for whatever. I do all my file transfers and ROM flashing over wifi and charge my phone from the wall so it doesn't count. I use a pair of modded ATH-m50 with V-Moda boompro mic connected to the onboard frontpanel audio for gaming instead of the shit-tier corsair wireless usb headset, yet still always have it plugged in but switched off for some reason. Normally I'd have my audio routed over HDMI but renovations and no room for my AVR & speakers.

m4gicfour, Mar 25, 2019
  4. USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.

5800 as a USB WiFi adapter.

Has anyone tried using the 5800 as a WIFI to LAN adapter? In other words-- use the 5800 with the cable as a USB WiFi dongle to connect a PC to a WiFi network. Any suggestions on how do to do it are appreciated.

No, I cannot use PC Suite for it.

US5800NavEd, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.

1. USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc. - Similar Threads - USB ports keep

2. Wireless wifi adapter keeps breaking mid game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless wifi adapter keeps breaking mid game: My wifi adapter keeps breaking every day and today it broke every game 3 times. What is the problem after I trouble shoot it fixes it and says wifi cable is loose and that the problem with adapter has been fixed software or hardware issue?...
  3. Wireless wifi adapter keeps breaking mid game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless wifi adapter keeps breaking mid game: My wifi adapter keeps breaking every day and today it broke every game 3 times. What is the problem after I trouble shoot it fixes it and says wifi cable is loose and that the problem with adapter has been fixed software or hardware issue?...
  4. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC: Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in...
  5. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC: Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in...
  6. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

7. Windows 11 breaking USB C to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 breaking USB C to HDMI adapter: Hi I've been using a USB C to HDMI adapter for years. After updating to Windows 11 this has stopped working. I cannot use my third monitor which is annoying as a developer. As a developer I have been on a bunch of forums tried updating and downloading and messing with my...
  8. Windows 11 breaking USB C to HDMI adapter

Windows 11 breaking USB C to HDMI adapter: Hi I've been using a USB C to HDMI adapter for years. After updating to Windows 11 this has stopped working. I cannot use my third monitor which is annoying as a developer. As a developer I have been on a bunch of forums tried updating and downloading and messing with my...
  9. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  10. My pc breaks when plugging in second in hdmi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc breaks when plugging in second in hdmi: So. Since yesterday everything was fine. Now, when I try to plug in my second monitor, my first monitor goes black, and I can’t press anything. Windows key p doesn’t work, headphones and mouse don’t work, and when deplugging the hdmi cable, it still doesn’t work. I even tried...