Windows 10: USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3

Discus and support USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a custom pc I built a few months ago; had a prior issue with the onboard Lan not being functional d/t a driver problem; I bought a usb ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Theseus65, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Theseus65 Win User

USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3

I have a custom pc I built a few months ago; had a prior issue with the onboard Lan not being functional d/t a driver problem; I bought a usb ethernet adapter, which allowed internet access and the pc was functioning normally, including all usb ports 3 days ago.

I had 2 drives on the pc; one for daily/ productivity apps with Linux; and one with Windows 10 for gaming; each drive had own boot manager and I would use Bios to change bootable drive when switching from one to the other.

3 days ago I had been using the Linux drive, and logged out, intending to switch to the Windows drive and do some gaming. Something happened during Linux shutdown as I was pressing the delete key to bring up the Bios menu, and I had to do a hard reset to get into Bios.

Ever since then, whenever I boot into either Operating system, all usb ports are non functioning, including the above mentioned usb ethernet adapter, which means I can't get online either.

At first I thought issue was software related and tried the usual fixes, including among other things updating the Bios and resetting Cmos by removing battery; but finally realized that the problem persisted with my usb mouse and keyboard even in the Bios menu itself, which seemed to indicate the problem was a hardware failure rather than a software issue.

Since I built the machine for gaming, a motherboard without usb functionality is nearly useless and I suspect I need to get a new motherboard. But before spending money on a new board, I thought I should check with wiser heads than my own and see if there is any way to reset motherboard usb ports with hardware failure and get them working again.

Sorry for the long explanation; any suggestions appreciated

:)

Theseus65, Oct 29, 2018

2. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 29, 2018
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 29, 2018
  4. USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3

My Asus Tuf Z370 Plus Usb Ports not working

Only two ports of the boards are responding on which keyboard and mouse is connected apart from that the other back ports dont detect card reader or usb. Strange but the ports charge my smartphone when i plug
    my cable. Wonder how to solve it. Any suggestions, help , guides anyone USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3 :)

Thanks,

Ibaadnavi

ibaadnaqvi, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3

1. USB ports not detected Gigabyte Z370 hd3 - Similar Threads - USB ports detected

2. USB port not detecting external devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port not detecting external devices.: I am having a PC running Windows 11.I am trying to connect a Kobo Clara HD e-Reader to my laptop. I can see my reader is charging when connected to my PC. But I am unable to view the explorer like before to transfer files into it.This used to be working fine several months...
  3. No Audio with Gigabyte B560 HD3 running Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio with Gigabyte B560 HD3 running Windows 11: I have built 2 new systems using Gigabyte B560 HD3 Motherboards and installing Windows 11 Pro. Everything works great except there is NO sound from the speakers which have tested good. Neither build had any sound output. Every troubleshooting step that I'm familiar with...
  4. No Audio with Gigabyte B560 HD3 running Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio with Gigabyte B560 HD3 running Windows 11: I have built 2 new systems using Gigabyte B560 HD3 Motherboards and installing Windows 11 Pro. Everything works great except there is NO sound from the speakers which have tested good. Neither build had any sound output. Every troubleshooting step that I'm familiar with...
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. USB wifi not detected in some USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi not detected in some USB ports: Hello, I have a wireless USB adapter that works perfect in the front USB ports of my PC. But it doesn't work in the back USB ports. The same wireless adapter in the same machine with other operating sistem Linux, the adapter works perfect in both ports. How could I get it...
  8. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  9. My Asus Tuf Z370 Plus Usb Ports not working

My Asus Tuf Z370 Plus Usb Ports not working: Only two ports of the boards are responding on which keyboard and mouse is connected apart from that the other back ports dont detect card reader or usb. Strange but the ports charge my smartphone when i plug my cable. Wonder how to solve it. Any suggestions, help , guides...
  10. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Not detected by USB port - Garmin: Hello I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore. I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb ports not detected in msi z370 bios

2. hd not deteced eros z370

3. gigabyte z370 hd3usb 3 drivers windows 10

4. win 10 usb drivers for gigabyte Z370 HD3