Windows 10: USB ports not providing enough power

Discus and support USB ports not providing enough power in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming - ITX/acIntel i5 9600K 6x CPU @ 3.70 GHz UHD Graphics 630 Coffee Lake No HyperThreadI connect Bosch mini to charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GowthamKudupudi, Sep 12, 2021.

1. USB ports not providing enough power

I got ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming - ITX/acIntel i5 9600K 6x CPU @ 3.70 GHz UHD Graphics 630 Coffee Lake No HyperThreadI connect Bosch mini to charge it.On Linux there is no problem charging it.On Windows It won't charge.Is there some power setting in the USB driver?

:)

GowthamKudupudi, Sep 12, 2021
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Power Surge on the USB port?

Hi Bob,

When a user tried uninstalling the USB drivers, it usually installs itself again when the computer restarts. It is a fact that most of the Mouse and Keyboard nowadays are connected using USB connection instead of their traditional PS/2 port. We suggest that
    you visit the link provided and follow the steps provided:
    USB has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of it's hub Port , you should disconnect the device

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

USB ports not providing enough power

USB port dead

Hello Adam,

We appreciate the details that you've provided about your USB port issue. This may have occurred due to software conflict or a hardware issue. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions for further research:

• What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • We'd like to clarify the uninstalling and installing usb hub part. Have you tried

updating your USB port driver
      ? Have you tried uninstalling the driver and let Windows install the compatible driver?
    • Have you tried rolling back the USB port driver to its previous version?

Meanwhile, in order to save power, Windows switches your USB controllers off when they’re not in use. We suggest that you check your Power management settings:

• Type Device Manager in the Windows search field and open it.
    • Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch.
    • Double-click the first USB Root Hub device in the list.
    • Click the Power Management tab.
    • Un-check the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox, and click
      OK.
    • Repeat steps 3-5 for each USB Root Hub device in your list of Universal Serial Bus controllers.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

USB ports not providing enough power

1. USB ports not providing enough power - Similar Threads - USB ports providing

2. USB port is providing power but no connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port is providing power but no connection: The USB port on the left side of my Inspiron laptop will provide power to devices but does not have any data communicated whatsoever. The other USB port works just fine. I have tried all the suggestions in device manager, various methods or restarting the computer and...
  3. USB port is providing power but no connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port is providing power but no connection: The USB port on the left side of my Inspiron laptop will provide power to devices but does not have any data communicated whatsoever. The other USB port works just fine. I have tried all the suggestions in device manager, various methods or restarting the computer and...
  4. USB port is providing power but no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. one of my usb ports not working not enough power getting to port. windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one of my usb ports not working not enough power getting to port. windows 10 pc.: One of my USB ports on windows 10 pc not working, getting error message power surge, not enough power getting to port.any help appreciated its a HP all in one pc 12 months old.thanks in advance. Jim....
  6. one of my usb ports not working not enough power getting to port. windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one of my usb ports not working not enough power getting to port. windows 10 pc.: One of my USB ports on windows 10 pc not working, getting error message power surge, not enough power getting to port.any help appreciated its a HP all in one pc 12 months old.thanks in advance. Jim....
  7. one of my usb ports not working not enough power getting to port. windows 10 pc.

8. USB 3.0 ports only provide power, devices not detected.

USB 3.0 ports only provide power, devices not detected.: USB2.0 works fine, but after a windows update my USB 3.0 ports stopped detecting connected devices. This is a 4 year old cyberpower machine, so it made the jump from Windows 7 -> 10, but despite downloading the USB 3.0 drivers from the motherboard manufacturer, it's not...
  9. Windows 10 - USB Port not proving enough power

Windows 10 - USB Port not proving enough power: Hi All, I have a problem using my USB port when connecting an external 2,5" USB self powered hard drive. Can you help me ? I'm using a fresh Windows 10 1909 x64 up to date, with all the manufacturer drivers installed, drivers who have nothing specially related to USB,...
  10. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop usb port not enough power

2. usb port not getting enough power

3. your pcmight not provie enough power for usb

4. not enough power from.usb port,
  5. usb port does not have enough power,
  6. laptop usb not enough power,
  7. not enough power usb port