Windows 10: USB ports not recognising anything but work

Discus and support USB ports not recognising anything but work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My double usb port on my HP Pavillion 15 isn't recognising any device i plug in but i am able to charge ok from them, i have removed all the serial bus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinMurray9, Jun 17, 2022.

1. USB ports not recognising anything but work

My double usb port on my HP Pavillion 15 isn't recognising any device i plug in but i am able to charge ok from them, i have removed all the serial bus drivers etc and disabled/enabled but nothing seems to be workingHelp me please anyone Kevin

:)

KevinMurray9, Jun 17, 2022
  2. J.R5 Win User

USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP ( It is recognising Xbox one controller and phone charger)

Thanks for the reply, It is much appreciated.

• I tried Safe boot (no luck)
    • All updates are fine.

All devices work in the second port. It just seems to be that 1 port that only recognises the xbox box controller and phone.

It just wont pick up mouse or keyboard. I'm going to try and see if any external drives will be picked up.

I could just buy USB splitter for the port that's recognising everything , but the problems really racking my brains.

I know that if it was a USB hardware issue , nothing wold be getting picked up at all.

The keyboard worked in the port for a day then just stopped recognising it.

3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports not recognising anything but work [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 17, 2022
  4. USB ports not recognising anything but work

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

USB ports not recognising anything but work

1. USB ports not recognising anything but work - Similar Threads - USB ports recognising

2. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  3. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  4. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  5. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

"USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  6. USB ports not recognising anything but work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not recognising anything but work: My double usb port on my HP Pavillion 15 isn't recognising any device i plug in but i am able to charge ok from them, i have removed all the serial bus drivers etc and disabled/enabled but nothing seems to be workingHelp me please anyone Kevin...
  7. USB ports not recognising anything but work

USB ports not recognising anything but work: My double usb port on my HP Pavillion 15 isn't recognising any device i plug in but i am able to charge ok from them, i have removed all the serial bus drivers etc and disabled/enabled but nothing seems to be workingHelp me please anyone Kevin...
  8. USB port not recognising devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port not recognising devices: Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so...
  9. USB port not recognising devices

USB port not recognising devices: Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so...
  10. Portable HDD and pens not recognised in USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable HDD and pens not recognised in USB ports: I have a 2 year old CIT cobra case and have always had varying issues with portable HDD's and USB pens being recognised don't have any issues with the rear USB ports...one USB pen actually changed its contents partly to what was on it before I formatted it.... I am...