Windows 10: Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor.

Discus and support Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new multi usb after the previous one stopped working. My problem is that the new one doesn't show in explorer or anywhere, even if I 'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisSchoeman, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor.

I bought a new multi usb after the previous one stopped working. My problem is that the new one doesn't show in explorer or anywhere, even if I 'm using the usb on its own, I can't see my usb drives anywhere, but they are working.Printer, mouse etc. It's a bit annoying because I can not see what is on my usb drives.

:)

ChrisSchoeman, Apr 15, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Apr 15, 2020
  3. CafeLoto Win User
    Installing generic printer usb port not showing

Hello, yes the printer is turned on, it works fine this printer since last week I was using it with my old computer, I already try in all 3 usb ports, and in Devixe Manager it shows as "unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed).

Any suggestions?

CafeLoto, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor.

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor.

1. Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor. - Similar Threads - Usb ports showing

2. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  3. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  4. my computor is not working corectly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computor is not working corectly: after areboot of windows alot of things stopped working correctly, instalation of thing like navidia g force and obs starts yet never progresses. usb ports just stop working and despite recognisng my headphones no sound is played through them.i have tried another reset withno...
  5. Computor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computor: So I've seen a lot of things about how to run fortnite without a graphics are I myself am on a core i3 20gigs of ram computer and cant even get it to open without getting the ad3d11 compatible gpu warning type thing witch I cannot get around no matter what id do. Is there...
  6. Headphones not showing anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not showing anywhere: I connected my headphones, they are working like the audio is fine but its not showing anywhere, not in the device manager nor in discord or anything. Why is that? i want to record my voice but it's not showing in other audio softwares too like audacity submitted by...
  7. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  8. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  9. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...: Tried all the info at Microsoft help. Nothing works. Sad state of affairs at Microsoft to cause this simple problem with USB ports connection to download photos from a camera. Is there a fix? The older version of windows did not have this problem....
  10. Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

Empty USB ports showing in file explorer: I just put the 1511 upgrade on (for the third time, but that's another story). I've noticed that when I open File Explorer I have a WHOLE BUNCH of USB ports that have nothing plugged into them... I have no idea what the upgrade did, but these weren't visible previously. How...