Windows 10: USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

Discus and support USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GNTSquid, Feb 13, 2019.

1. GNTSquid Win User

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and keyboards all seem to work just fine, but only a couple appear to recognize external hard drives.

The Asus motherboard doesnt appear to have drivers available for Windows 10 so i'm wondering if I could download the newest drivers they do have regardless of what OS they were released for? Or really any other ideas on how to fix this.

This is for my 2nd PC i'm temporarily using for work.

:)

GNTSquid, Feb 13, 2019

2. W10 trouble with USB port

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let me help you resolve the issue.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, I would like to ask you a few questions.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What do you mean by “W10 will no longer accept sticks into USB port although has done so on my laptop but not PC”?
    • Can you find any error message or error code on the desktop?
    • Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue after Windows 10 upgrade?

As a work around, I suggest you to download and install the latest USB drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

Please reply with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 13, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 13, 2019
  4. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

1. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10 - Similar Threads - USB Ports Working

2. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  3. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  4. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB port not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  6. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  7. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: hey my name is sami and ive been experiencing some real issues with this asus laptop 8gb ram it has 2 usb ports* months ago i lost one of them but the weird thing is that it could read my external hdd but noting else and when i plug my mouse in only the lights work but not...
  8. W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports: Hi So for the third time I'm trying to upgrade my WIN 7 to 10 which works fine but 10 is disabling all of my USB ports on my Sabretooth 990 FX R2 motherboard so I then downloaded the latest drivers from Asus web site and when I try to update the drivers through device...
  9. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....
  10. No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade

No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade: Running W7 on a modern desktop (Asus mobo) I had put this off for a long time - hoping it would be stable by time I upgrade. Followed full update process - al up to date before upgrade. After 100% upgrade ... it rebooted and got to to login screen - would not accept any...