Windows 10: USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support USB ports not working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had this issue after the September 11, 2018 update. Device manager showed only my 3.0 ports installed but they were not working and no yellow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardRHome, Sep 14, 2018.

1. USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

I had this issue after the September 11, 2018 update.

• Device manager showed only my 3.0 ports installed but they were not working and no yellow exclamation marks.
    • I right clicked on the USB controllers item and had to enable it. No Change
    • Then I right clicked on the intel 3.0 eXtensible item and clicked update driver. "Latest driver is installed"
    • Then I right clicked on the USB 3.0 item and enabled that and all my drivers came back.

Hope this helps.

:)

EdwardRHome, Sep 14, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports not working after Windows 10 update [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 14, 2018
  3. USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2018
  4. USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

1. USB ports not working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  3. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  4. USB ports not working after Windows 10 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after Windows 10 20h2 update: Someone please help! I updated to Windows 10 20h2 and now none of my USB ports are working. If I had known this I never would have downloaded the version. I can’t use my keyboard or mouse because they are Logitech wireless and the receiver is connected to USB port as well....
  5. usb ports do not work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb ports do not work after update: After updating windows, my usb ports do not work. They send power, but my computer does not recognize them. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-do-not-work-after-update/4dcf7821-97e1-4194-929d-4b022e49641c
  6. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  7. Windows 10 1903 USB ports not working after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 USB ports not working after update.: I was forced to install the latest update and instantly had issues. The USB ports wouldn't recognize anything. When I plug in external hard drive they power up fine. I can use it but its showing that it has a driver error in device manager, if I plug in a thumb drive, or...
  8. USB ports not working after Windows update

USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  9. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....
  10. Windows 10 1803 USB ports not working after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 USB ports not working after update.: I was forced to install the latest update and instantly had issues. First the wifi wouldn't connect anymore and the USB ports wouldnt recognize anything. After a couple of days playing around I took it to a shop. They were able to fix the wifi issue but the USB ports remain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 143%2b305*70

2. usb not working in windows 10

3. 3 305*70World

4. usb controllers not showing in device manager after win 10 1809 update,
  5. usb ports not working after update,
  6. unable to use usb port after the windows update,
  7. cannot access any usb after window update,
  8. disables USB 3.0 on Windows 10 after installing updates,
  9. usb 3.0 ports not working windows 10 pro 64bit version 1809,
  10. usb ports quit working after windows update,
  11. ctxtb,