Windows 10: USB ports not working at all

Discus and support USB ports not working at all in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone can really help me out here. I installed the 2004 update but none of my USB ports work now on my desktop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GRodLegacy, Jul 28, 2020.

1. USB ports not working at all

Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone can really help me out here. I installed the 2004 update but none of my USB ports work now on my desktop. I don't have a ps/2 port but the keyboard works in the BIOS. Does anyone know of any solution to this? I bought a Sata station and took the HDD out of the desktop but can't seem to find where I would upgrade the USB drivers on the HDD using my laptop. Any help works, thank you!

submitted by /u/GRodLegacy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GRodLegacy, Jul 28, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports not working at all [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jul 29, 2020
  3. USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 29, 2020
  4. jjtyler Win User

USB ports not working at all

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

USB ports not working at all

1. USB ports not working at all - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.: So, a week ago all my USB-A ports stopped working I have 3. However, my USB-C port works just fine. I've searched the internet for hours and tried every possible solution; from the power management tool in Device Manager, to uninstalling the USB drivers and reinstalling them,...
  3. All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.: So, a week ago all my USB-A ports stopped working I have 3. However, my USB-C port works just fine. I've searched the internet for hours and tried every possible solution; from the power management tool in Device Manager, to uninstalling the USB drivers and reinstalling them,...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  5. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  6. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. All USB port failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB port failed: Hello everyone, Many times when I plug devices in USB port I have noticed report from my system "this devices may work faster if you connect it to faster port... " and finally my devices was disconnected by system. This was happened with random devices like phone, many...
  8. All USB ports not working outside of BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    All USB ports not working outside of BIOS: All USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 on my computer are no longer working when Windows 10 starts up. Asus s400ca laptopI checked device manager and can't remember what it said, but the USB had the yellow exclamation mark next to it I restarted my computer hoping it would fix the flash...
  9. All USB ports not working

All USB ports not working: All my 3 of my USB ports have stopped working on my laptop for some reason. They were working fine up until the other day, and I have no idea what caused it. My external USB mouse and keyboard which are in working condition can't connect at all, and USB drives aren't detected...
  10. USB 3.0 ports not working at all

USB 3.0 ports not working at all: Hello, i've been having issues with my windows 10 computer where no USB 3.0 ports are working, meaning i cannot use keyboard or mouse to unlock my pc Is there a fix for this?...