Windows 10: USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI

Discus and support USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day all, I have two Windows 10 laptops, a mid-2019 Razer Blade 15" base model, and a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" running Boot Camp. I am having issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GlenMead, Mar 12, 2020.

1. GlenMead Win User

USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI

Good day all,

I have two Windows 10 laptops, a mid-2019 Razer Blade 15" base model, and a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" running Boot Camp. I am having issues with the USB ports on a CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 mini-dock with dual HDMI on both computers. When I have the mini-dock plugged into the TB3 port and I plug in a USB device into the mini-dock, the USB device does not show up. However, if I disconnect the mini-dock from the MBP, insert the USB device into the mini-dock, then connect the mini-dock to the MBP, then the USB device shows up. As long as I keep at least one USB device plugged into the mini-dock, I can insert and remove USB devices and they operate as expected. However, as soon as I remove all USB devices from the mini-dock, it stops recognizing any USB devices again. I have tried the mini-dock with keyboards, mice, and flash drives all with the same results. I have discovered that when I plug the MiniDock in and then a USB key, although the USB key does not appear, if I go into the Windows Device Manager and click on “Scan for hardware changes” the USB key mounts and opens up as it should. It seems like the automatic detection of hardware changes does not work for USB devices plugged into the TB3 MiniDock. I have confirmed that all the latest updates in both Windows 10 and macOS Catalina have been installed along with the latest video card drivers in both. Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions how I might resolve the issue? CalDigit says that they have not seen this issue and that it is a driver issue of some sort in Boot Camp and/or my Windows install.

Glen

:)

GlenMead, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Chino Win User

Elgato Announces Their New Portable Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock at CES 2018

Elgato today announced Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, a groundbreaking solution that brings the industry-leading reliability and performance of Thunderbolt 3 to a portable dock form factor. Featuring HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3, and gigabit Ethernet ports, Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock eliminates the need for four separate adapters without compromising data bandwidth or power delivery. Up to 40 Gbps throughput guarantees that every port operates reliably at full performance, regardless of what is connected to the other ports.

The dock is powered by its rugged, built-in Thunderbolt 3 cable, which stows neatly in its base for transport. Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock will be available in spring 2018. Pricing will be announced at a later date.

USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI SfqpUdHGMo7tV9mb_thm.jpg

"Thunderbolt 3 is the only standard that offers full performance and stability when simultaneously running 4K video and high bandwidth data signals over a single port," said Markus Fest, General Manager, Elgato Systems. "With Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, building sure-fire setups becomes possible whenever and wherever you work."

"Thunderbolt 3 delivers unrivaled single-cable docking solutions", said Jason Ziller, General Manager, Client Connectivity Division at Intel, "the Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock introduces a whole new category by packing Thunderbolt 3 performance into a sleek, portable design."

Technical Specifications
    System Requirements
    • Mac: macOS Sierra 10.12 or later, Thunderbolt 3 port
    • PC: Windows 10 or later, Thunderbolt 3 port
    Ports
    • DisplayPort 1.2 (up to 4096 x 2160 pixels at 60 Hz)
    • HDMI 2.0 (up to 4096 x 2160 pixels at 60 Hz). Supports HDCP 2.2.
    • RJ45 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
    • USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s) 0.9 A, supports UASP.

Chino, Mar 12, 2020
  3. SKasai Win User
    Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in.

Hello,

So I am working on a Desktop to Laptop conversion for a group. We are using Dell Latitude 7400 with a CalDigit TS3+ Dock (Via Thunderbolt 3 connection).

What I have noticed, when I was trying to setup the laptop for Domain use, was that the laptop itself does not see the Ethernet on the CalDigit TS3+ Dock on startup.

The dock is working, as I can move the cursor across the screens, however, in the lower right hand corner, it does not seem to see the Ethernet of the Dock.

Now, if I log on to the laptop with a local account, the Dock's Ethernet port becomes active and is working. Log out, it is still active.

If I reboot the machine, the ethernet port is active for a moment, but then is disabled just as Windows 10 comes up. Windows 10 briefly flashes that it looked for an ethernet port, but then acts like it can't see it.

I made sure that the Thunderbolt 3 drivers are installed as well as the Thunderbolt 3 connectivity app is on. I even went so far as disabling the Thunderbolt 3 Security so it should allow all peripherals on there to work, but looking at the dock, I see
    that the monitors work and the Digital Audio port lights up, but not the Ethernet and it will only light up once I log into the laptop.

Is there setting I am overlooking that may cause this behavior?

SKasai, Mar 12, 2020
  4. USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI

thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI

1. USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  3. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  4. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  5. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  6. thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11: i have a rog headphone with a usb c connector and it worked fine with my laptop for almost a year but it stopped working today. when i connect the headphone to my laptop, it does nothing. it doesnt even show up on my sound setting.i tried the headphone with my other laptop...
  7. thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11

thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11: i have a rog headphone with a usb c connector and it worked fine with my laptop for almost a year but it stopped working today. when i connect the headphone to my laptop, it does nothing. it doesnt even show up on my sound setting.i tried the headphone with my other laptop...
  8. Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port: Hello random willing stranger Today I bought a new usb-c to displayport cable to properly connect my computer to an external monitor because it was time for a new connection cable and I wanted to exploit the thunderbolt supported usb-c port on my laptop and get some lower...
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. USB Port Reset Failed after disconnecting and reconnecting Thunderbolt dock

USB Port Reset Failed after disconnecting and reconnecting Thunderbolt dock: I have a Lenovo Thunderbolt Dock (40AN) that works fine when I boot with it attached or when I first plug it in, however when I unplug it and reconnect it, things go very sideways. The audio I/O, USB hub and network interface in the dock all fail to reconnect and I get a USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. port reset failed caldigit