Windows 10: USB ports not working

Discus and support USB ports not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, how do i troubleshoot USB ports not working? It is not OS related, since it doesn't work in BIOS as well. I have two working USB ports in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlexRD, Sep 29, 2018.

1. AlexRD Win User

USB ports not working

Hey, how do i troubleshoot USB ports not working?
    It is not OS related, since it doesn't work in BIOS as well. I have two working USB ports in the back, and that's it.The motherboard is Asus Maximus IV Z68, and the USB ports that aren't working are the 3.0 ones with Renesas controller. The front port USBs work, and they are the 2.0 USBs. I've tried resetting the bios, removing any and all overclocking, changing the bios settings from Off to Legacy Support, and switching between NEC and PCH, nothing works. I've also tried opening it up, and seeing if there's anything obviously wrong with it, but nothing popped up.Any ideas?

:)

AlexRD, Sep 29, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports not working [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 29, 2018
  3. jjtyler Win User
    USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Sep 29, 2018
  4. USB ports not working

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

USB ports not working

1. USB ports not working - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. usb ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports not working: usb ports not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-working/70ec7ff4-110a-4377-b2db-f7cc1aefb4df
  3. USB Ports not working

USB Ports not working: I have Windows 10 on a Dell Laptop. 2 out of the 3 USB ports are not working. I am trying to use them for an external keyboard and hard drive, both of which work fine on another laptop. They work fine with the one port that is working. But I would like to have all 3 ports...
  4. usb port not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb port not working: USB port not working when trying to connect android phone to upload photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-not-working/a4ce85c3-33fa-4aa3-b50c-b796d38cbdac
  5. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: Hey, how do i troubleshoot USB ports not working? It is not OS related, since it doesn't work in BIOS as well. I have two working USB ports in the back, and that's it. The motherboard is Asus Maximus IV Z68, and the USB ports that aren't working are the 3.0 ones with...
  6. usb port not working

usb port not working: why won't my USB ports work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-port-not-working/ba2a3601-9e57-4f68-9755-392f89936eac
  7. USB ports not working.

USB ports not working.: 2 of 3 of my usb ports stopped worked and I went through several Microsoft feeds to fix the problem and tried it all and they still don't work. What is plan C?...
  8. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: My desktop was originally windows 8 and I had no problems then the update to 8.1 downloaded automatically and the problems started. Just before the cut of date I upgraded to windows 10. My desktop has 2 USB 3 ports and 5 USB 2 ports. After the 8.1 update both USB 3 ports and...
  9. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: I'm having a very weird problem with my computer. I think it's driver related, but i don't know. The problem is that my usb ports aren't working for some devices. I have 4-5 free usb ports that just don't work. And they apparently died one by one, don't know what. So...
  10. USB port not working....

USB port not working....: One of the three USB ports has stopped working for some reason, any idea how to get it working again ? Thanks 97448