Windows 10: usb ports not working

Discus and support usb ports not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; usb ports not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-working/70ec7ff4-110a-4377-b2db-f7cc1aefb4df Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankDeutsch, Nov 18, 2018.

1. usb ports not working

usb ports not working

:)

FrankDeutsch, Nov 18, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

usb ports not working [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 18, 2018
  3. non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 18, 2018
  4. jjtyler Win User

usb ports not working

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

usb ports not working

1. usb ports not working - Similar Threads - usb ports working

2. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  3. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  4. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB port not work

USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  6. Usb Port not working

Usb Port not working: So basically, I have 2 ports. I have my keyboard in one and my mouse in the other. My mouse isn't connecting though. But when I plug my flash drive into the same port as my mouse it works. When I go into device manager it says "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request...
  7. Usb Port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Port not working: So basically, I have 2 ports. I have my keyboard in one and my mouse in the other. My mouse isn't connecting though. But when I plug my flash drive into the same port as my mouse it works. When I go into device manager it says "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request...
  8. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: hey my name is sami and ive been experiencing some real issues with this asus laptop 8gb ram it has 2 usb ports* months ago i lost one of them but the weird thing is that it could read my external hdd but noting else and when i plug my mouse in only the lights work but not...
  9. USB port not working?

USB port not working?: A little while back, I spilled some Dr. Pepper near my laptop. I supposed it had reached the USB port and caused it to stop working. But then it started working for a few minutes and stopped. But that was a few months ago, and now it does not work anymore. I attempted many...
  10. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ports not working: Hey, how do i troubleshoot USB ports not working? It is not OS related, since it doesn't work in BIOS as well. I have two working USB ports in the back, and that's it.The motherboard is Asus Maximus IV Z68, and the USB ports that aren't working are the 3.0 ones with Renesas...