Windows 10: USB ports not working

Discus and support USB ports not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a very weird problem with my computer. I think it's driver related, but i don't know. The problem is that my usb ports aren't working for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexRD, May 22, 2016.

1. AlexRD Win User

USB ports not working

I'm having a very weird problem with my computer. I think it's driver related, but i don't know.

The problem is that my usb ports aren't working for some devices. I have 4-5 free usb ports that just don't work. And they apparently died one by one, don't know what.

So basically, i put my mouse in port 1 and in the day after, port 1 stopped working. Changed it to port 2, same thing, the next morning swapped to port 3.

What's weird is that it applies only to the mouse and my playstation controller charger, if i connect a pendrive there it works, and my tiamat headset connects just fine (i'm not sure if the USB is just for power).

I have tried updating the intel inf thingy, and searched for a renesas usb controller driver, but i couldn't find it for windows 10 and found on several websites that it already comes included with windows 10. So what do i do? Right now i'm running sfc /scannow to see if it works, but i'm just not sure anymore.

Do i re-install rapid storage from intel? The usb 3.0 as well as the 2.0 don't work. It's not specific.

I have also tried disabling the power settings that controls usb suspend, but that also did not work. Any ideas?

edit: oh, and here's what i see on device manager
    USB ports not working [​IMG]

:)

AlexRD, May 22, 2016
  2. dyllele Win User

USB Ports Not Working

I've tried the troubleshooting as well as the Micrlsoft easy fix tool but to no avail. My laptop's USB ports still won't recognize any USB device. Is there anything I can still do or is reaching out to the laptop manufacturer my only option, which seems
    a bit burdensome?

dyllele, May 22, 2016
  3. USB ports not working

You have one of two options you can try:

Perform a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

OR

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Confirm the drive letter for the Windows image. Usually D: –> dir d:

Run the following to view the installed packages which will also show a date of install.

Dism /ImageUSB ports not working :D:\ /Get-Packages

Find the package(s) that were just installed by date. Run the following command on the last installed package:

example: dism.exe /image:d:\ /remove-package /packagenameUSB ports not working :package_for_KB4014329~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0

Reboot.

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

USB ports not working

How about the fact that below in your screenie, it shows unknown USB devices?

I would recommend removing all USB 3.0 drivers from Device manager, assuming KB and Mse are in a 2.0 port.

Check your motherboard manufacturer's website (if retail machine, the manufacturer's site), for both USB (2.0) and USB 3.0 Drivers and reinstall.

RWOne, May 22, 2016
  5. I second that, with an amplification

Disconnect all USB devices (use wired mouse & kb if you have them)

Download and run Drive Tools for Windows
    Note: Run as administrator or it runs in test mode

uninstall ALL USB devices
    restart the machine
    Let Windows Update provide the drivers.
    Backfill drivers from the OEM only for devices that exhibit an error in DevMgr.

Slartybart, May 22, 2016
  6. AlexRD Win User
    If i uninstall the driver that windows 10 provided, will windows update download it if i delete it?

Also, i think my mouse is a murderer in disguise. I connected my mouse through the usb in my keyboard, and when i restarted, my keyboard wasnt working. When i unplugged my mouse, it worked fine.

AlexRD, May 22, 2016
  7. AlexRD Win User
    I don't think it's a driver issue. My motherboard supports mouse usage in the bios, and it doesn't work there as well.

AlexRD, May 22, 2016
  8. AlexRD Win User

USB ports not working

Nah it's not a mouse issue. Even a flash drive will power up for about 5 seconds then stop. Really not sure what to do here. Is there a power cycling for the motherboard? I already updated the bios

AlexRD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB ports not working

1. USB ports not working - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  3. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  4. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB port not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  6. Usb Port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Port not working: So basically, I have 2 ports. I have my keyboard in one and my mouse in the other. My mouse isn't connecting though. But when I plug my flash drive into the same port as my mouse it works. When I go into device manager it says "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request...
  7. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: hey my name is sami and ive been experiencing some real issues with this asus laptop 8gb ram it has 2 usb ports* months ago i lost one of them but the weird thing is that it could read my external hdd but noting else and when i plug my mouse in only the lights work but not...
  8. USB port not working?

USB port not working?: A little while back, I spilled some Dr. Pepper near my laptop. I supposed it had reached the USB port and caused it to stop working. But then it started working for a few minutes and stopped. But that was a few months ago, and now it does not work anymore. I attempted many...
  9. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: usb ports not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-working/70ec7ff4-110a-4377-b2db-f7cc1aefb4df
  10. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ports not working: Hey, how do i troubleshoot USB ports not working? It is not OS related, since it doesn't work in BIOS as well. I have two working USB ports in the back, and that's it.The motherboard is Asus Maximus IV Z68, and the USB ports that aren't working are the 3.0 ones with Renesas...