Windows 10: USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager

Discus and support USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] All my USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports on my HP Zbook G2 have suddenly stopped working. They still show up in the windows device manager (eXtensible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lockson8, Feb 27, 2020.

1. USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager

USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager jF2MzENJSpKid9VYe3ybmZnHx7Q4cX3J10D9APZNdN4.jpg

All my USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports on my HP Zbook G2 have suddenly stopped working.
    They still show up in the windows device manager (eXtensible Host controller, along with the 5 hubs and 2 EHCI's) however when plugging in a mouse (or multiple other devices I have tried), nothing happens. There are no alerts from WIndows saying there are errors.

I have tried disabling them all/uninstalling them all, replacing the drivers, booting safe mode, changing power settings in bios for 'always on' and disabling that, taking out the battery and clearing the charge with the power button, and even doing a total reset of Windows 10. None of this had any effect (Other than making me have to reinstall all my programs again)

Do any of you have any off-the-wall, alternative ideas as to a fix?

I just find it weird they still show up in device manager, and have no error warnings...

Thanks!!

https://preview.redd.it/x83yj5ie4jj...bp&s=89bca783cfe7bac3739dd32382761859d61be4d3

submitted by /u/Lockson8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lockson8, Feb 27, 2020
  2. auggy Win User

Device Manager USB Ports

How is the device listed under "Other devices" (how is it named)?

Also, can you double-click the device > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

Also, on the Windows 7 computer where the device works how is it listed (named) in the Device Manager?

auggy, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Device Manager USB Ports

Thank you AUGGY

In Windows 7 it is named Ports (COM & LPT) Communications Port (COM1)

In Windows 10 it is named USB <-> Radio Scanner Cable (there is a yellow triangle in front of the letters USB with a ! Inside of it

Values are

USB\VID_0403&PID_6001&REV_0400

USB\VID_0403_PID_6001

Thank you

SpecialEd66, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

I had a similar issue that came with a significant Windows 10 update, I tried everything for about a week, I also had issues with a USB Printer not working too, in the end I found that an additional USB driver unrelated to my board was showing in Device Manager, I think it was a Marvell and I don't have any marvel ports, deleted it from Device manager, re-booted, all my problems went.

Tatty_One, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager

1. USB ports possibly fried? yet still show up in Windows 10 device manager - Similar Threads - USB ports possibly

2. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  3. Ports and com not showing up in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ports and com not showing up in Device manager: since the other thread on this was locked.... supposedly this happens after a Win 10 update--no idea which one--or if trueI had this happen. had a com port GPS go missing. Thought it went bad built-in GPS device, and even sent the laptop in for repairTurns out the device--...
  4. Ports and com not showing up in Device manager

Ports and com not showing up in Device manager: since the other thread on this was locked.... supposedly this happens after a Win 10 update--no idea which one--or if trueI had this happen. had a com port GPS go missing. Thought it went bad built-in GPS device, and even sent the laptop in for repairTurns out the device--...
  5. Ports and com not showing up in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB device not showing up in device manager

USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  7. USB device not showing up in device manager

USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  8. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. USB 3.0 Ports don't work and don't show up in device manager.

USB 3.0 Ports don't work and don't show up in device manager.: Specs: Nvidia GTX 1050 Intel Core 2nd Generation i5-2400 8GB RAM So I've noticed that my USB 3.0 ports don't work about 2 years ago, but I've never really cared since I have a lot of 2.0 ports and I didn't even have any devices that supported 3.0 at that time. But now,...
  10. (Windows 10) USB device not recognized loop ... yet the only devices plugged into USB ports...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Windows 10) USB device not recognized loop ... yet the only devices plugged into USB ports...: I have Windows 10 installed on a desktop computer. Everything has been working fine for years. But for the last several days my computer has incessantly been looping the "USB device not recognized" error, making the (now annoying) sound effects every couple of seconds. The...