Windows 10: USB Ports Randomly Disconnect

Discus and support USB Ports Randomly Disconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All,Devices that I plug into my USB ports namely flash drives, two different brands randomly disconnect, and after a week of trying everything I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tiny_Tech, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Tiny_Tech Win User

USB Ports Randomly Disconnect

Hello All,Devices that I plug into my USB ports namely flash drives, two different brands randomly disconnect, and after a week of trying everything I can think of....I´m out of ideas. Every time I hear the three tones that Windows makes when a device is disconnected, I want to scream and throw things!I did a clean install of Windows 20H2. Didn´t work.I upgraded to Windows 21H1. Didn´t work.I have downloaded and installed every update and driver Windows can find. Didn´t work.I went to USB Settings and unchecked the box that says Stop devices when my screen is off to help save battery. I

:)

Tiny_Tech, Jun 4, 2021
  2. MSMC Win User

AMD MSI B350 VR USB C Port Connects and Disconnects Randomly

Alright, I'll try these. The only thing I'm worried about is that hardware ID's don't match up. But thanks for this. I'll report back once I see if it works.

EDIT:
    Well, the driver install didn't even start. I just got a resounding Absolutely not! from my computer while trying the setups. Here are some screenshots:

USB Ports Randomly Disconnect [​IMG]

MSMC, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Isak92 Win User
    USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

Hi!

I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects
    but yesterday it got worse and both disconnected but didnt reconnect but the lights on the keyboard and mouse where still on.

After the first times it happened I updated windows (didn't fix problem). Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs and deselecting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (didn't fix problem). I have also
    tried going into the power plan and change USB settings to "USB selective suspend setting disabled" (didn't fix problem). I have uninstalled root hubs and restarted the computer (didnt fix problem). However I didn't uninstall every root hub or USB hub option
    because I read that for some people the usb ports didn't work at all after that. I have tried the mouse on a different computer and it works without problems I have also tried different ports and both keyboard and mouse has been connected in the USB ports
    on the back and the problem persists.

I read that a windows update (KB4074588) could be the problem but I could not find that update on my computer in the updates section under Programs and features.

Regards

Isak

Isak92, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

All USB ports disconnect and reconnect sometimes?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that USB ports are disconnected and reconnected randomly.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. USB drivers are corrupt.

2. USB port is not working.

3. Hardware issue.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press “Windows Key + W”.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    Enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers from device manager and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b) Expand the USB controllers, click on the drivers.

c) Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d) Click OK.

Note: Reboot the computer and it will automatically update drivers.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. USB Ports Randomly Disconnect - Similar Threads - USB Ports Randomly

2. USB port randomly unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port randomly unplugged: My USB port often disconnects suddenly, but reconnects immediately. Initially, I thought my mouse or keyboard was faulty, but it turns out the USB port is the issue. Suddenly, my mouse or keyboard goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds, which is quite frustrating. I have tried various...
  3. USB port randomly unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port randomly unplugged: My USB port often disconnects suddenly, but reconnects immediately. Initially, I thought my mouse or keyboard was faulty, but it turns out the USB port is the issue. Suddenly, my mouse or keyboard goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds, which is quite frustrating. I have tried various...
  4. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  5. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  6. USB ports disconnecting

USB ports disconnecting: Whenever I plug in my wired connection with USB adaptor, my wireless mouse will disconnect randomly and stutter a lot. However, when i unplug my wired connection, my mouse will work perfectly fine. How do I fix this?...
  7. USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue: Hello, my last question which was made last year got locked without an answer, and I'll repost it below. This is an ongoing problem I have with my WiFi adapter Cisco AM10#6. It is plugged in to one USB port on my motherboard, and about an hour or two from when I turn on my...
  8. USB ports sporadically disconnect

USB ports sporadically disconnect: HP Pavilion G7 laptop Windows 10 v1909 AMD A12-9720P Ram 12 GB 64 bit Samsung SSD 860 evo When I open Cubase by Steinberg, I have the eLicenser, UR12 audio interface and Korg mini keyboard plugged in. Many attempts and many errors and crashdumps. I hear the usb sound...
  9. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects but...
  10. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb devices randomly disconnect windows 10