Windows 10: USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

Discus and support USB ports randomly stop working until I restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot. So, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShadowOnTheRadio, Jun 7, 2020.

1. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot.

So, my USB ports all stop working at a random rate, forcing me to restart my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing because the devices keep being powered, and it also affects ports on both sides of the laptop. Sometimes it would work for days, sometimes I have to reboot 10 times a day.

So far, I've tried uninstalling the port's devices and drivers, unchecking the thing in the power settings that allow the pc to turn off the ports for power saving and troubleshooting, all for no avail.

I might also add that Windows keeps recognizing the peripherials as usual, it keeps telling me I have a mouse and keyboard plugged in, but they won't respond until I reboot, hibernate or suspend the PC. Any ideas?

Again, sorry if it's the wrong place.

submitted by /u/ShadowOnTheRadio
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShadowOnTheRadio, Jun 7, 2020
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Jun 7, 2020
  3. gastaunda Win User
    USB ports randomly stop working

I use my laptop, and randomly, all my USB ports just stop working. I end up having to restart my computer to fix the problem, but after that, it is only a little bit before the USB ports stop functioning.

Also when I go into device manager and try to disable/enable any devices, it freezes.

Also when I restart, my computer gets stuck on the post log out restart screen (I know it is post logout because my custom cursor reverts to the default).

I am not using an Insider patch. This is a release patch.

gastaunda, Jun 7, 2020
  4. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

USB ports randomly stops working - windows 10.

When playing games the usb ports randomly stops working. I have mouse and keyboard connected to my laptop. They will both not work until I restart the computer, and the last key i pushed until it happened will be as if i was holding it down. The keyboard
    on the laptop will still work.

I have tried:

- Putting USB on suspended in power settings.

- Checked if there is problems with the USB ports and drivers in device settings.

- Have set "Allow the computer to shut down this unit to save power"to off.

Since I don't have a battery in the laptop at the moment, and it only runs on electric I don't think it can be a power problem.

When in game I can randomly hear the USB unplug sound. Sometimes it will be off for a second and still work. Other times it will stop work, until you restart computer.

forest_966, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

1. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart - Similar Threads - USB ports randomly

2. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  3. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  4. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  6. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  7. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team! I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC. I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection (Wi-Fi works just fine). When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access"...
  9. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team!I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC.I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection Wi-Fi works just fine.When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access" and...
  10. USB ports randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports randomly stop working: I use my laptop, and randomly, all my USB ports just stop working. I end up having to restart my computer to fix the problem, but after that, it is only a little bit before the USB ports stop functioning. Also when I go into device manager and try to disable/enable any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all usb not working after reboot

2. all usb devices stop working randomly

3. windows 10 usb keyboard suddenly stop working until restart

4. usb ports stop working randomly