Windows 10: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

Discus and support USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tobyguilmon, Mar 11, 2019.

1. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply isn't giving enough power? or is it something else

:)

tobyguilmon, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

All USB ports disconnect and reconnect sometimes?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that USB ports are disconnected and reconnected randomly.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. USB drivers are corrupt.

2. USB port is not working.

3. Hardware issue.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press “Windows Key + W”.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    Enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers from device manager and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b) Expand the USB controllers, click on the drivers.

c) Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d) Click OK.

Note: Reboot the computer and it will automatically update drivers.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 11, 2019
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 11, 2019
  4. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

1. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting - Similar Threads - USB ports reconnecting

2. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  3. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  4. all usb ports disconnect and reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all usb ports disconnect and reconnect: for some time i had a issue with my usb ports disconnecting and reconnecting at times but it has mostly been once or twice a day and some days with no issue. but yesterday a purchased a new wireless headset and now the issue has become way more frequent. whenever i start a...
  5. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  6. USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting for mouse only

USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting for mouse only: Hi! In these days I had this problem with the usb ports, so basically when I play games and shake the mouse quickly it is disconnected and reconnected, I also tried to update windows and it didn't work. Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs...
  7. All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect: This issue had appeared today on my brothers computer and I don't know how to fix this in any way possible. So all ports are fried or something even using an external usb bus wont help, nothing would connect to it. Even after restarting, nothing the mouse and keyboard are...
  8. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  9. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects but...
  10. USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting

USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting: the title says it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-front-of-case-disconnecting-and/5cbc2b98-1eef-45ce-b3eb-8cfe1c93d552

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb hub keeps disconnecting windows 10