Windows 10: USB ports remain powered after shutdown

Discus and support USB ports remain powered after shutdown in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Some users reported that the USB ports on their computers remain powered after shutdown. This can create problems for laptop users because it can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 27, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

USB ports remain powered after shutdown

USB ports remain powered after shutdown [​IMG]
    Some users reported that the USB ports on their computers remain powered after shutdown. This can create problems for laptop users because it can drain the battery after shutdown if any USB device is connected to the USB port of the laptop. If you experience such an issue, the solutions provided in this article will […]

This article USB ports remain powered after shutdown first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 27, 2024
  2. ChemistX2 Win User

I do NOT want my USB ports to remain powered after shutdown. It was never an issue until I upgraded to Win 10, and now I can't figure out how to make it stop. I tried entered Bios, but hitting F2 or F12 at the right time during power-up doesn't seem
    to work!?

ChemistX2, May 27, 2024
  3. wysiwyg Win User
    USB ports didn't power off after shutdown in Windows 10

From Redirecting:

wysiwyg, May 27, 2024
  4. ChemistX2 Win User

Methods 1 and 2 did not fix my problem. Your instructions for method 3 were insufficient, but I found help online for how to run scannow as an administrator. Scannow gave the following result:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

my USB ports are still powered after shutdown. Now what?

I am running a Dell Studio XPS 9100 with Intel i7CPU 64 bit. Originally shipped with Windows 7 and now running Windows 10. This was never an issue until the Windows upgrade.

There are no error messages. I have the usual things hooked up to USB ports: wired keyboard, wireless mouse, scanner, and a small light. It is this light that no longer turns off when the computer does. It seems like a small thing but I really need this
    fixed.

ChemistX2, May 27, 2024
Thema:

1. USB ports remain powered after shutdown - Similar Threads - USB ports remain

2. Hit Start > Power -> Shutdown and computer remains on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hit Start > Power -> Shutdown and computer remains on desktop: so I'm running Windows 11, new system build as I've upgraded parts frfom a 3080ti to a sapphire radeon RX 7900 xtx, upgraded my motherboard to an MSI X670-P Pro wifi AM5 ATX and upgraded my RAM to a DR5.Anyhow.. beside the point. I've had over 2 months of my computer being in...
  3. Hit Start > Power -> Shutdown and computer remains on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hit Start > Power -> Shutdown and computer remains on desktop: so I'm running Windows 11, new system build as I've upgraded parts frfom a 3080ti to a sapphire radeon RX 7900 xtx, upgraded my motherboard to an MSI X670-P Pro wifi AM5 ATX and upgraded my RAM to a DR5.Anyhow.. beside the point. I've had over 2 months of my computer being in...
  4. How to disable remaining usb ports?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable remaining usb ports?: I want to have a shortcut be able to block access te new usb devices but I don't want to loose access to my current connected devices like my mouse and keyboard.Is there a way to do this in Windows so that no drivers are loaded but the device is still receiving power through...
  5. USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown: I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that when I press a button on both my wired keyboard or mouse, their lights turn on, when the system has been shut down. I...
  6. Power Surge on the USB port.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Surge on the USB port.: Help, when I plug in a USB on my laptop, the power surge thong pops up every time. I tried all of the videos suggestions and I’m out of ideas. Could someone help me. submitted by /u/kylerc734 [link] [comments]...
  7. USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down: My laptop has two 3.0 ports and one 3.1 port Brand: HP Model: cx0140tx I usually use first 2 ports 3.0 for keyboard and mouse, recently i brought a gaming rgb mouse and was connected to 3.1 port. After shutting down mouse remained powered on, i tried plugging it out...
  8. sound light remain on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound light remain on after shutdown: Sound light of my hp Elitebook 840 remain on after shutdown.Due to which battery get discharge after shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-light-remain-on-after-shutdown/dab3f8ef-6362-4c56-af30-bad571b15245
  9. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...
  10. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...