Windows 10: USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

Discus and support USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SS_Seb, Jan 6, 2021.

1. SS_Seb Win User

USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that when I press a button on both my wired keyboard or mouse, their lights turn on, when the system has been shut down. I checked the power on with keyboard and mouse setting in my BIOS Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H, BIOS ver. F60e, but they were both disabled already. I don't understand why this is suddenly happening, and how do I make sure they power down completely when I shut down!

:)

SS_Seb, Jan 6, 2021
  2. wysiwyg Win User

USB ports didn't power off after shutdown in Windows 10

From USB ports remain powered after shutdown:

wysiwyg, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Power Surge on the USB port?

Hi Bob,

When a user tried uninstalling the USB drivers, it usually installs itself again when the computer restarts. It is a fact that most of the Mouse and Keyboard nowadays are connected using USB connection instead of their traditional PS/2 port. We suggest that
    you visit the link provided and follow the steps provided:
    USB has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of it's hub Port , you should disconnect the device

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Jan 6, 2021
  4. ChemistX2 Win User

USB ports remain powered after shutdown

I do NOT want my USB ports to remain powered after shutdown. It was never an issue until I upgraded to Win 10, and now I can't figure out how to make it stop. I tried entered Bios, but hitting F2 or F12 at the right time during power-up doesn't seem
    to work!?

ChemistX2, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown - Similar Threads - USB ports seem

2. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  3. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  4. power surge on the usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power surge on the usb port: for the past few days ive noticed that my legion 5 is always dead when i want to turn it on. i noticed when i plugged in power and turn on my laptop, i always received a notification saying power surge on the usb port. i only have my logitech g304 plugged in so i unplug and...
  5. usb ports still missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports still missing: Missing USB printer ports after installing windows 10. Tried Microsoft's suggestions, but they don't work. A friend said he had found a actual fix on Microsoft forum but can't remember how...
  6. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: power surge on usb port unknown usb device needs more power, i tried every solution, tried to reinstall the drivers, 5 mins ago replaced the keyboard and mouse and i'm still getting it, not sure why, maybe i need to update bios or something, i tried literally everything, it...
  7. Power Surge on the USB port.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Surge on the USB port.: Help, when I plug in a USB on my laptop, the power surge thong pops up every time. I tried all of the videos suggestions and I’m out of ideas. Could someone help me. submitted by /u/kylerc734 [link] [comments]...
  8. Power surge on the USB port

Power surge on the USB port: Hi All, I just upgraded my computer case to a full tower. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK. Since I did that when I cold boot my computer I get the error pop on the screen: " Power surge on the USB port Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can...
  9. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...
  10. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb ports powered after shutdown

2. usb working while system is shutdown windows 10