Windows 10: USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse

Discus and support USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC suddenly restarts and USB wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse stop working at the Windows login screen. They work absolutely fine in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SauSaw, Nov 21, 2020.

1. SauSaw Win User

USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse

My Windows 10 PC suddenly restarts and USB wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse stop working at the Windows login screen. They work absolutely fine in BIOS. Due to this, I'm stuck at the login screen forever. Nothing works and a clean install is the only option that seems to be working fine. This has happened twice now. I tried copying USB drivers to the OS installed HDD as well but that didn't work either. Unable to understand if it's a driver issue or registry problem? I'm afraid this would happen again. I had recently switched OS on an SSD drive if that has changed anything?

:)

SauSaw, Nov 21, 2020

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 21, 2020
  4. JJnSK Win User

USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse

USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working

Neither my mouse nor my keyboard are working at the Windows 10 Login Screen. I've had Windows 10 installed for months and been using the computer every day with no problems with the mouse or keyboard. Then today I booted up the computer and it's stuck
    at the Login Screen with no response from the mouse or keyboard. I have unplugged both the mouse and keyboard and installed them in another computer and they work fine. I have rebooted without them installed and then plugged them in once the Login Screen
    appears and Windows recognizes the new hardware and says the drivers are installed, but they still don't work. I have plugged them into different USB ports on the desktop and they still don't work. I have tried rebooting and pressing F4, F8 and F11 (actually
    I've done this several times and pressed a different F-key each time, but it still just boots up to the Login Screen) and won't take me to the Safe Mode option.

What else am I missing?

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Original title: Windows 10 Login Screen - Mouse and Keyboard not working

JJnSK, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse - Similar Threads - USB Ports stop

2. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  3. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  4. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  5. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  6. Windows 10 all usb ports not working not even recognizes mouse and keyboard on login screen

Windows 10 all usb ports not working not even recognizes mouse and keyboard on login screen: I resently installed windows on a new SSD I bought about a week ago. It worked perfectly, but suddenly, one day after I restart my PC not a single usb port worked. I cannot even log in on windows. The last things I remember doing where: Installing VSCode Linking VSCode to...
  7. Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.: submitted by /u/Darth_Adas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqi8l8/wireless_keyboard_and_mouse_stopped_working_on/
  8. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard: hi..i am running windows 10 on a dell alienware...it recently automatically updated...now i lost use of my usb ports in windows..i have no mouse or keyboard usage so i cant fix this in windows.. i can use both of them in bios but i cant boot into safe mode...i tried F8 and...
  9. USB keyboard stops working at the login screen

USB keyboard stops working at the login screen: Description: My USB keyboard stops working at the login screen. None of the keys are responsive. The onscreen keyboard works fine. This happens on wakeup after a remote desktop session and after scheduled updates during the night. In both cases this happens after wakeup,...
  10. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.: I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it. Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key...