Windows 10: USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

Discus and support USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, before I start, I am not an expert on computers/laptops so I might not be making sense haha. Okay, so last year I bought a Dell G5 15, since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sergio Ruvalcaba, Feb 14, 2020.

1. USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

Hello, before I start, I am not an expert on computers/laptops so I might not be making sense haha.
    Okay, so last year I bought a Dell G5 15, since I use it for gaming I bought an external hard drive 8gbs, mouse, keyboard, mic, headset, and a fan so it wouldn't heat.

A few times a day all those with exception of the external hard drive stop working for a few seconds then it works for 5-10 seconds, will stop working for a few seconds again, and so on until it suddenly works with no interruption. I feel that I might be connecting too many devices on my laptop and that might be the problem but I am not sure, thus I decided to ask for help through Microsoft's community.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Sergio Ruvalcaba, Feb 14, 2020
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Feb 14, 2020
  3. USB ports NOT physically defective but not working

Two days ago my computer was working fine. Until I connected a second display monitor via HDMI to my laptop (Acer Aspire R3-471T), and when I went to unplug the display(safely), the wired mouse I had connected stopped working. None of my USB ports are
    working now. I managed to fix it once by restarting, forcibly shutting down, and normally shutting down multiple times. I also tried installing and uninstalling the drives multiple times with no avail. However, once I plugged in the second display once more,
    the mouse and everything USB port stopped working once again. I have shut my laptop down more than it should be necessary and I still haven't been able to fix anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a university student and I CAN'T be without a laptop
    for long so I'm trying to fix this without having to go to a repair shop. Thank you in advance!

LinaRamirez, Feb 14, 2020
  4. USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

USB ports stopped working on Windows 7

Check the N97's USB cable for signs of damage at the USB end, and inspect USB ports on your mobo/case for signs of damage. Could be a short caused by damaged USB port. Gotta have good eyes when checking USB ports...

If you only installed the drivers for your N97 yesterday, there may be a conflict where the N97 driver installation came with some drivers that are conflicting with your USB drivers. Can you get a PS/2 keyboard? If there's no signs of damage to your cables/USB ports then the next step would be Device Manager.

I hang my head in stupidity... :shadedshu

scaminatrix, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

1. USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day. - Similar Threads - USB ports stop

2. System Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days: Hello WinTen Team! Thank you for all that you do for us. I have read the BSOD posting instructions and my System Specs are current. I am finding that every few minutes and sometimes more my Win10 system is freezing completely. Seems it's about 10 seconds, sometimes more....
  3. usb not working since few days

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb not working since few days: my laptops usb device is not working it says code 43 I can I solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working-since-few-days/48e3d99c-d631-441b-b1c2-1a4592f1c84c
  4. USB ports suddenly stopped working!

USB ports suddenly stopped working!: Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more ideas out there?...
  5. USB ports stop working after boot

USB ports stop working after boot: I bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 5000 i7) last week, and after some Windows updates, my USB ports have stopped working; that is to say, when I boot up the computer, if I plug in my drawing tablet (Huion 610PRO), it will work for a few minutes, abruptly stop, and then I'll...
  6. BSOD multiple times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD multiple times a day: We came back from Christmas break and many of our windows 10 deployments are blue screening every few minutes/hours. We have analyzed the dumps and can isolate it to ntoskrnl.exe+16c4c0 causing all of the dumps. It appears to be a windows update got awry but we can't seem...
  7. USB port stopped working

USB port stopped working: I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was plugged into the port. At that point the flash drive lost connection & that USB port has failed to recognize any flash drives that...
  8. usb port stopped working

usb port stopped working: my usb ports stopped working after i rolled back window update 1809 to 1709 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-stopped-working/5107a9ed-05b9-4518-a5e8-f72dc3450adb
  9. usb ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb ports stopped working: my usb ports stopped working on the front of my pc, the rear ones work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/usb-ports-stopped-working/2e5cac25-f69e-4334-94a4-a4d7b0b7c881
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...