Windows 10: USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

Discus and support USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, before I start, I am not an expert on computers/laptops so I might not be making sense haha. Okay, so last year I bought a Dell G5 15, since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sergio Ruvalcaba, Feb 14, 2020.

1. USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

Hello, before I start, I am not an expert on computers/laptops so I might not be making sense haha.
    Okay, so last year I bought a Dell G5 15, since I use it for gaming I bought an external hard drive 8gbs, mouse, keyboard, mic, headset, and a fan so it wouldn't heat.

A few times a day all those with exception of the external hard drive stop working for a few seconds then it works for 5-10 seconds, will stop working for a few seconds again, and so on until it suddenly works with no interruption. I feel that I might be connecting too many devices on my laptop and that might be the problem but I am not sure, thus I decided to ask for help through Microsoft's community.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Sergio Ruvalcaba, Feb 14, 2020
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Feb 14, 2020
  3. USB ports NOT physically defective but not working

Two days ago my computer was working fine. Until I connected a second display monitor via HDMI to my laptop (Acer Aspire R3-471T), and when I went to unplug the display(safely), the wired mouse I had connected stopped working. None of my USB ports are
    working now. I managed to fix it once by restarting, forcibly shutting down, and normally shutting down multiple times. I also tried installing and uninstalling the drives multiple times with no avail. However, once I plugged in the second display once more,
    the mouse and everything USB port stopped working once again. I have shut my laptop down more than it should be necessary and I still haven't been able to fix anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a university student and I CAN'T be without a laptop
    for long so I'm trying to fix this without having to go to a repair shop. Thank you in advance!

LinaRamirez, Feb 14, 2020
  4. USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

USB ports stopped working on Windows 7

Check the N97's USB cable for signs of damage at the USB end, and inspect USB ports on your mobo/case for signs of damage. Could be a short caused by damaged USB port. Gotta have good eyes when checking USB ports...

If you only installed the drivers for your N97 yesterday, there may be a conflict where the N97 driver installation came with some drivers that are conflicting with your USB drivers. Can you get a PS/2 keyboard? If there's no signs of damage to your cables/USB ports then the next step would be Device Manager.

I hang my head in stupidity... :shadedshu

scaminatrix, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day.

1. USB ports stop working for a few seconds, multiple times a day. - Similar Threads - USB ports stop

2. Some of my keys stop working for few seconds and on multiple time pressing the key the key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my keys stop working for few seconds and on multiple time pressing the key the key...: I have Dell Inspiron 5408 laptop. Some of my keys in laptop like p [ ] ; ' / are not working when I press them for the first time. After pressing them mulitple times they start working again for a while then again it stops. I am using Windows 10 version. Please help me out....
  3. Some of my keys stop working for few seconds and on multiple time pressing the key the key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my keys stop working for few seconds and on multiple time pressing the key the key...: I have Dell Inspiron 5408 laptop. Some of my keys in laptop like p [ ] ; ' / are not working when I press them for the first time. After pressing them mulitple times they start working again for a while then again it stops. I am using Windows 10 version. Please help me out....
  4. USB devices stop working for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices stop working for a few seconds: A few months ago I changed RAM, CPU and Motherboard to go DDR5, i7-12700k and to a Gigabyte z690 UD DDR5, since then every day or every 2/3 it happens several times that my USB devices Headphones, Mouse and Keyboard stop working for 2-3 seconds and then resume, in the case of...
  5. USB devices stop working for a few seconds

USB devices stop working for a few seconds: A few months ago I changed RAM, CPU and Motherboard to go DDR5, i7-12700k and to a Gigabyte z690 UD DDR5, since then every day or every 2/3 it happens several times that my USB devices Headphones, Mouse and Keyboard stop working for 2-3 seconds and then resume, in the case of...
  6. My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working for a few seconds numerous times per day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working for a few seconds numerous times per day.: My keyboard and mouse will turn off randomly, ranging from 3 to 5 seconds, and I sometimes hear a usb disconnect/connect sound when it happens. I tried updating drivers for my keyboard, mouse, USB controllers, Bluetooth, and human interface deviceall drivers were up to date,...
  7. My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working for a few seconds numerous times per day.

My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working for a few seconds numerous times per day.: My keyboard and mouse will turn off randomly, ranging from 3 to 5 seconds, and I sometimes hear a usb disconnect/connect sound when it happens. I tried updating drivers for my keyboard, mouse, USB controllers, Bluetooth, and human interface deviceall drivers were up to date,...
  8. USB Port stops identifying/ disconnects the device, after a few seconds of connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Port stops identifying/ disconnects the device, after a few seconds of connection.: Q. USB Port stops identifying the connected device. after a few seconds of connection.Hi,I am using Windows 11 on my Laptop ASUS VivoBook S, after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I found that, my USB Port is not working properly. If I try connecting a USB Drive to...
  9. USB Port stops identifying/ disconnects the device, after a few seconds of connection.

USB Port stops identifying/ disconnects the device, after a few seconds of connection.: Q. USB Port stops identifying the connected device. after a few seconds of connection.Hi,I am using Windows 11 on my Laptop ASUS VivoBook S, after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I found that, my USB Port is not working properly. If I try connecting a USB Drive to...
  10. Wireless USB mouse suddenly stops working for a second, many times a day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless USB mouse suddenly stops working for a second, many times a day: I never had problems with this wireless usb logitech mouse, and from one day to the other, i notice that it stops working for a second, and then comes back to life. I only notice this while gaming. Maybe it happens all the time but not always im so aware of where the pointer...