Windows 10: USB Ports stops working + Laptop doesn't want to turn itself off

Discus and support USB Ports stops working + Laptop doesn't want to turn itself off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there!I've been recently struggling with one particular issue connected to my laptop. I've been using Active USB Hub from Amazon Amazon Basics but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steallar, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Steallar Win User

USB Ports stops working + Laptop doesn't want to turn itself off

Hi there!I've been recently struggling with one particular issue connected to my laptop. I've been using Active USB Hub from Amazon Amazon Basics but I'm not sure it's connected to it as all ports seems to be somehow disconnecting from my laptop after the issue occurs.Let me describe the issue - I like playing games on my laptop and I often use Steam Controller to play my games. It does work wirelessly with a wireless connector inserted into the USB Hub. After starting the laptop everything works perfectly. I start the game, I turn on Steam Controller, I play as much as I want.Now if I stop

:)

Steallar, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Mike100 Win User

USB port stopped working

I had a USB2 port on the front panel that was working for a year but then one day it was not.

I uninstalled / installed the device via Control Panel for both of the USB Composite Device listings but it made no difference. I thought it may be a bad connection but everything looked OK. Both ports had power according to a USB digital voltmeter.

On the motherboard I moved the cable going to the front panel from one of the USB 2.0 Headers to the other Header & everything worked. At least for a couple months. Now the same port on the front panel does not work again.

So I uninstalled / installed both USB Composite Device listings but it made no difference. Under Properties it says they are working properly.

In Control Panel I did not touch the USB controllers for either USB 3.0 listing or for the USB Printing Support.

The port was working a few days ago but now it is not. The only thing that really happened lately was a Windows 10 Security Update that was installed on 10-27-2022. Could that have changed something?

Anything is possible but it seems strange that the same front panel port stopped working no matter which mobo header is used. Could one of my USB thumb drives be going bad & when plugged in is shorting out something on the motherboard?

Any ideas & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Mike100, Dec 5, 2022
  3. smounce Win User
    USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

1. USB Ports stops working + Laptop doesn't want to turn itself off - Similar Threads - USB Ports stops

2. Usb C 3 port turned itself off and wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb C 3 port turned itself off and wont turn on: Hey, i was tryna plug in my thunderbolt dock, when the connection happened and then it just disconnected and no docking station connects. Ive had this same problem occur a few months back, but it just started working on its own after a few weeks, i messed around with some...
  3. Usb C 3 port turned itself off and wont turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb C 3 port turned itself off and wont turn on: Hey, i was tryna plug in my thunderbolt dock, when the connection happened and then it just disconnected and no docking station connects. Ive had this same problem occur a few months back, but it just started working on its own after a few weeks, i messed around with some...
  4. Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work: I found that one of the 3.0 ports no longer works. Like if I plug something in, it's clearly getting power but that is it. The devices don't work on it. Which means I have only 2 3.0 ports I can use instead of 3....
  5. USB ports will not turn off

USB ports will not turn off: I had this happen before on another build, but was able to fix the problem. This time, on a new build, I cannot get the usb ports to shut down when shutting off the PC. I have tried every suggestion I could find including disable fast startup, disabling selective USB...
  6. Mus USB ports turning on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mus USB ports turning on and off: Hi, After updating my windows 10, i am having problem with mu USB ports. I have Logitech flight instruments, Radio panel, Multi panel, when I am running P3D v4 the USBs starts acting up and then throws me out of the game? GK...
  7. Issue with USB ports turning off

Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...
  8. Issue with USB ports turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...
  9. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...