Windows 10: USB ports suddenly not working anymore

Discus and support USB ports suddenly not working anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Left my laptop alone for roughly 10 minutes, came back to all my plugged in devices ( mouse, portable drive) not working. replugged everything in every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wingpongwong, Sep 6, 2019.

1. USB ports suddenly not working anymore

Left my laptop alone for roughly 10 minutes, came back to all my plugged in devices ( mouse, portable drive) not working. replugged everything in every port, noone worked.

what ive tried:

-Device Manager update of the usb hub, reinstall etc. No exclamation mark or anything next to the icons

-Factory reset of pc(keep files, reset settings etc)

-Windows Updates install

Things to know:

The device is a Asus ROG STRIX G531G Gaming laptop.

the pc was left on when I left it alone.

when I plug anything in, unlike a lot of people, it does not even trigger a pop-up saying that its not recognizable. It literally does nothing.

Sick and tired of this entire thing, hope someone can help.

:)

wingpongwong, Sep 6, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

USB ports suddenly not working...

Please test USB ports with a bootable windows 10 iso.
    Then if necessary advance to the next step in the prior post.

zbook, Sep 6, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports suddenly not working anymore [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 6, 2019
  4. USB ports suddenly not working anymore

USB ports suddenly not working...

Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail...

Please do help me!!

RingTailCoon, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

USB ports suddenly not working anymore

1. USB ports suddenly not working anymore - Similar Threads - USB ports suddenly

2. USB Ports are not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports are not working anymore: Hello there,happy new year to everyone : . I would need the combined knowledge of all. My girlfriend got a 8 years old PC from Lenovo. Modell number:10DD0021GE.Running OS: Win10.Tower PC so no Touchpad or anything else. I recommend her to update all the drivers with the...
  3. USB Ports are not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports are not working anymore: Hello there,happy new year to everyone : . I would need the combined knowledge of all. My girlfriend got a 8 years old PC from Lenovo. Modell number:10DD0021GE.Running OS: Win10.Tower PC so no Touchpad or anything else. I recommend her to update all the drivers with the...
  4. USB Ports are not working anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Usb Ports dont work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb Ports dont work anymore: I insertet a micro sd in my pc and now my Front 2 usb Ports are des and my motherboard usbs got Power bot nothing connect accept for my keyboard and mouse does someone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/FanboyKeks [link] [comments]...
  6. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden: hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers but nothing helped. i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times. re-installed, and checked for hardware...
  7. USB ports suddenly not working...

USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  8. USB ports suddenly not working...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  9. USB ports suddenly stopped working!

USB ports suddenly stopped working!: Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more ideas out there?...
  10. USB ports not powered anymore (Win 10)

USB ports not powered anymore (Win 10): Hello everyone, yesterday my computer didn't switch off properly. The screen and peripherals turned off as expected, but the central unit kept running. After half an hour or so, I finally forced it to shut down by pressing the power button and switching power supply off. I...