Windows 10: USB ports suddenly stopped working!

Discus and support USB ports suddenly stopped working! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathleenGroves, May 9, 2019.

1. USB ports suddenly stopped working!

Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more ideas out there?

:)

KathleenGroves, May 9, 2019
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, May 9, 2019
  3. jpwolbert Win User
    usb 3.0 ports stopped working suddenly on pc windows 10

usb 3.0 ports just stopped working suddenly. ports are on the back of pc running windows 10. pc is a Lenovo h530 and is new(2 months). moved the 3.0 ss cable to usb 2.0 port and it is working there.

jpwolbert, May 9, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

USB ports suddenly stopped working!

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports suddenly stopped working! [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 9, 2019
Thema:

USB ports suddenly stopped working!

1. USB ports suddenly stopped working! - Similar Threads - USB ports suddenly

2. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  3. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  4. usb ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports stopped working: I am using a Dell all in one desktop with windows 10. I have 6 usb ports and 4 have stopped detecting any devices. The 2 that are working have the mouse and keyboard attached. If I unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug back in they are detected. If I plug the mouse or...
  5. USB ports stopped working

USB ports stopped working: Three of the four USB ports on my Intel nuc8i3bek stopped working reliably, all of a sudden. They will occasionally all work for a couple of minutes (at the same time), then go on and off about once per second for a couple minutes, then stop working again. I have tried, to...
  6. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden: hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers but nothing helped. i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times. re-installed, and checked for hardware...
  7. USB ports suddenly not working...

USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  8. USB ports suddenly not working...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  9. USB port suddenly stops working on Dell Inspiron 13

USB port suddenly stops working on Dell Inspiron 13: Hi, I would like to first off say thank you for taking the time to help me. I bought my Dell Inspiron 13 7348 about 4 months ago for schoolwork. I also got a monitor and a wireless two in one Logitech keyboard and mouse because I prefer working with multiple screens. A...
  10. USB port stopped working

USB port stopped working: I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was plugged into the port. At that point the flash drive lost connection & that USB port has failed to recognize any flash drives that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb ports stopped working after windows update 1809