Windows 10: Usb ports will not operate my mouse or my keyboard after an update

Discus and support Usb ports will not operate my mouse or my keyboard after an update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In November I recieved an "automatic" update to Windows 10. My USB ports in the front of my PC do not function. Neither do the orts in the rear. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WoollenTurnip57, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Usb ports will not operate my mouse or my keyboard after an update

In November I recieved an "automatic" update to Windows 10. My USB ports in the front of my PC do not function. Neither do the orts in the rear. My computer was working fine until this update. I'vve tried to go back and uninstall but the computer says there are ne updates from that time. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting....that didn't help. I've gone into Power management and made the changes to not allow the computer to shut off the mouse and keyboard but....that didn't help.. N ow what can I try?

:)

WoollenTurnip57, Feb 23, 2020

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Usb ports will not operate my mouse or my keyboard after an update

my audio, usb ports, keyboard and mouse are all not working... any suggestions?

my audio, usb ports, keyboard and mouse are all not working... any suggestions?

austincorrigan, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Usb ports will not operate my mouse or my keyboard after an update

1. Usb ports will not operate my mouse or my keyboard after an update - Similar Threads - Usb ports operate

2. The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...: The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my computer but the mouse is not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-usb-for-my-keyboard-and-my-mouse-is-the-same/00b5800f-9c35-4308-a31d-348b48d1669b
  3. The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...: The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my computer but the mouse is not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-usb-for-my-keyboard-and-my-mouse-is-the-same/00b5800f-9c35-4308-a31d-348b48d1669b
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  7. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  8. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  9. Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update: Hi! I had a BIOS update on my ASUS laptop and after that my wireless mouse in USB port isn't working any more. The cursor is moving but at pressing the button on the mouse it doesn't to anything. I did remove the battery from the mouse and turned it off an on and it doesn't...
  10. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard: hi..i am running windows 10 on a dell alienware...it recently automatically updated...now i lost use of my usb ports in windows..i have no mouse or keyboard usage so i cant fix this in windows.. i can use both of them in bios but i cant boot into safe mode...i tried F8 and...