Windows 10: USB ports

Discus and support USB ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to get my USB ports to be recognized on my computer. I have a Lenovo ideapad 320. It has Widows 10. The person who gave it to me feels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Billie Jo Lyn, May 16, 2019.

1. USB ports

I am unable to get my USB ports to be recognized on my computer. I have a Lenovo ideapad 320. It has Widows 10. The person who gave it to me feels that the original settings on new computers are too full of things that slow the computer down so he redid it all and ive had to figure out how to get the dvd player to play. I think I figured that out. Now im trying to add a printer. It is wireless but im using the USB cord because I don't know where the original disk for the printer is. Ive tried all the ports on the computer and none of them are responding. Please help!!! Im so upset about all of this and feel like I should just get a new computer sometimes as I got this for school and keep running into issues.

Im not sure if this is the right group to post this in or not.

:)

Billie Jo Lyn, May 16, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB ports [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB ports [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB ports [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 16, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 16, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

USB ports

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 16, 2019
Thema:

USB ports

1. USB ports - Similar Threads - USB ports

2. USB printer port not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB printer port not accessible: I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG2580S inkjet printer for home use with my Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB running Windows 10 Home 1809. I plugged the printer in and windows detected it as MG2500 Series, and also as MG2500 Series WS. Neither of these options was functional for...
  3. Usb port malfunction

Usb port malfunction: I can't get one if my ports to work. I have a lenovo all-in-one desktop. The back ports work fine. When I plug a usb into the bottom side port it works. As soon as I plug in something to the top side usb port, the bottom one quits as well as the top one not working. I have...
  4. The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports: The newest Windows update has disabled my USB ports, making it so I can't use my mouse. Seriously, I should turn off updates as they seem to bring problems more than anything else...
  5. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: usb ports not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-working/beff32fe-4665-4b0d-9c8b-bd652f1bd229
  6. Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?: I have an Apple USB B to Ethernet adapter that I used on my Mac before I purchased my surface, it works perfectly well on my Apple product but not on my surface. Is there a driver I can apply to make it work?...
  7. USB Port Reset Failed after disconnecting and reconnecting Thunderbolt dock

USB Port Reset Failed after disconnecting and reconnecting Thunderbolt dock: I have a Lenovo Thunderbolt Dock (40AN) that works fine when I boot with it attached or when I first plug it in, however when I unplug it and reconnect it, things go very sideways. The audio I/O, USB hub and network interface in the dock all fail to reconnect and I get a USB...
  8. USB ports suddenly stopped working!

USB ports suddenly stopped working!: Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more ideas out there?...
  9. USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones: I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop. It has both a headphone jack and a USB-C port. Any sound coming out of the headphone jack has very bad sound quality for some unknown reason, so I decided to get a USB-C to 3.5mm jack converter. My headphones don't work with this port at all,...
  10. Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10: How do I change the boot device to USB port to load new Windows 10 on desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-boot-device-to-usb-port-to-load-new/772fee93-21be-47ed-bf08-f45bc06ac5ff