Windows 10: USB ports

Discus and support USB ports in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub solve my problem? Thank you 158777 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kuyenmotdivad, Jun 17, 2020.

1. USB ports

Hi,

how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub solve my problem?

Thank you

:)

kuyenmotdivad, Jun 17, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB ports [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB ports [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB ports [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 17, 2020
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

USB ports

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

USB ports

1. USB ports - Similar Threads - USB ports

2. All USB ports , Bluetooth and Web camera stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB ports , Bluetooth and Web camera stopped working after windows update: [ATTACH]Hello Microsoft, Hope everyone is fine and doing well, i was also doing well until i update my windows. Last week i updated my windows and suddenly notice my USB ports stopped working . I look into internet but nothing good i found on internet except fresh installing...
  3. USB ports not working correctly

USB ports not working correctly: I am having issues with the USB ports on my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 1809 My USB 3.0 external HDDs (various) either randomly disconnect, go into sleep mode after about 10 minutes or display a USB device not recognised notification when plugged in My USB 2.0 TV...
  4. Virtual USB printer port in Windows 10-S ?

Virtual USB printer port in Windows 10-S ?: How to add Virtual USB printer port in Windows 10-S ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-usb-printer-port-in-windows-10-s/7ad0237c-85ad-4c7e-9d01-8349cb95acd0
  5. USB Ports don't work.

USB Ports don't work.: Hello, today my USB ports stopped working and no mouses work on it, I have tried updating the drivers and uninstalling them but it still doesn't work, I have Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire A515-54. Thanks in advance....
  6. My USB ports don't work and my touchpad doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My USB ports don't work and my touchpad doesn't work.: Hello, Recently My USB ports on my Acer Aspire A515-54 stopped working and I went to device manager using Run but I can't uninstall the drivers without a mouse, is there any other solution to this problem? submitted by /u/xQzca [link] [comments]...
  7. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.: The last 6 months every has been working fine. I have an USB-C Hub that I use to connect my two external monitors with HDMI. Last night, I updated my Nvidia RTX 2060 drivers and all was good. Had a Windows Update that required a restart and everything was fine. Upon waking up...
  8. DELL OPTIPLEX 790 USB Ports Problem

DELL OPTIPLEX 790 USB Ports Problem: I have a big problem sudden discontinuation of a mouse and keyboard and when connected to the computer again it works but does not respond and be ignited and cut off with a joystick and when the device restarts it works and responds...
  9. COM Port emulation on USB Port

COM Port emulation on USB Port: I am trying to hook a device to my computer so that I can program it. In order to do this I need a COM Port... Since NO COM Ports are created in Windows 10 how do I map a COM Port onto a USB Port... I have read a previous post and followed it to the letter... However when...
  10. USB ports not working when Microsoft loads after a Windows update. Can't login to Windows

USB ports not working when Microsoft loads after a Windows update. Can't login to Windows: I have a big problem as I can not log in into Windows 10, after an update of the system. So, neither wired USB mouse works nor the wireless keyboard. This has happened before, but after few restarts with power on/off button for some reason, the keyboard started working and I...