Windows 10: USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

Discus and support USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just thought I would throw this out there in case it can inspire a driver fix within Windows 10. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 and now my LEDs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cammulc Win User

USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

Just thought I would throw this out there in case it can inspire a driver fix within Windows 10. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 and now my LEDs on my mouse wont shut off once my PC is shutdown (plugged into rear USB port). Additionally, my front USB ports seem to also feed power as I had my phone plugged into the PC and when it shutdown power still fed to it. For clarification I'll list my specs below that may be involved in this issue.

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Chassis
    Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge Processor
    Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA Intel Z77 Mobo
    Coolmaster MB24 Keyboard/MSK2 Mouse (Note: keyboard LEDs turn off; possibly plugged into a different bus)

Edit: Neither of this issues existed when running Windows 7

:)

Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015
  2. freeyxm Win User

Windows 10 usb 3.0's transfer speed is abnormal when the first time power on.

My pc has two "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB 3.0" port.

But when the first time power on, the usb 3.0 transfer speed is only 30MB/s. After reboot(not shutdown) pc, It restore to the normal speed 200MB/s. Then i shutdown pc and power on again, it's speed become 30MB/s. Reboot pc again, it's speed restore to 200MB/s.

I has searched the internet. many other people has similar problem (usb 3.0's transfer speede equal to usb 2.0). But I can't find solution.

How can i fixed it?

Thanks a lot.

freeyxm, Aug 11, 2015
  3. HOW DO I GET MY HTC TOUCH DEVICE TO BE RECOGNIZED BY MY PC AGAIN??

Do you get the same message for any USb device you connect to the PC?

Disconnect the device. Shutdown your computer and disconnect the power cord from the power supply at the back of the PC. Wait a few seconds and reconnect and power up. Connect the device again.

Linley Meslier, Aug 11, 2015
  4. USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

I don't know why your mouse stays lit up, but power to USB in an off state is a feature in modern motherboards. There's probably a setting in your bios to disable it if you like.

fracking4oil, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Cammulc Win User
    Oh, ok I'll check that out. Thank you! Just thought it was odd since I had never noticed anything like this before the upgrade.

Cammulc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

1. USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown - Similar Threads - USB Power Feeds

2. Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  3. Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  4. PC powering itself on after clicking shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC powering itself on after clicking shutdown: Hello, I’ve got this issue where my PC/Desktop restarts instead when I click shutdown. The only way I can shut it off is by holding the power button and it manages to still turn itself on again while holding it down. Once it turns off 2-3 times, it eventually stays off. I...
  5. PC powering itself on after clicking shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC powering itself on after clicking shutdown: Hello, I’ve got this issue where my PC/Desktop restarts instead when I click shutdown. The only way I can shut it off is by holding the power button and it manages to still turn itself on again while holding it down. Once it turns off 2-3 times, it eventually stays off. I...
  6. USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown: I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that when I press a button on both my wired keyboard or mouse, their lights turn on, when the system has been shut down. I...
  7. Power shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power shutdown: Sometimes when I shutdown my ideapad s540, it won't shutdown properly. That's why the pc becomes super hot. Any suggestion what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shutdown/be2b658e-fc29-4438-b6a4-bdc9cfc48726
  8. Power button to shutdown while windows not loging in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button to shutdown while windows not loging in: I setting windows10pro to "shutdown when I press power button", but it works only after user loging in to windows. But, when user not logging in just power on system and user not yet logging in to windows, I need to allow the user to press power button to shutdown, how can...
  9. PC shutdown while cipher

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shutdown while cipher: Hello, I was performing a cipher on my C drive just to clean up old junk. I left my PC running for several hours and kind of forgot about it. When I remembered, I noticed my PC had shut down. So I restarted it and noticed it hadn't finished ciphering because my C drive was...
  10. Power Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Shutdown: Loaded Windows 10 recently. Now it shuts down unexpectantly and must manually reboot. Slow coming up, needs help at times.What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/power-shutdown/4c522aac-dc94-4939-8804-ca411bcfd3cf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does a usb put out power while pc is shutdown