Windows 10: USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

Discus and support USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just thought I would throw this out there in case it can inspire a driver fix within Windows 10. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 and now my LEDs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cammulc Win User

USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

Just thought I would throw this out there in case it can inspire a driver fix within Windows 10. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 and now my LEDs on my mouse wont shut off once my PC is shutdown (plugged into rear USB port). Additionally, my front USB ports seem to also feed power as I had my phone plugged into the PC and when it shutdown power still fed to it. For clarification I'll list my specs below that may be involved in this issue.

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Chassis
    Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge Processor
    Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA Intel Z77 Mobo
    Coolmaster MB24 Keyboard/MSK2 Mouse (Note: keyboard LEDs turn off; possibly plugged into a different bus)

Edit: Neither of this issues existed when running Windows 7

:)

Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015
  2. freeyxm Win User

Windows 10 usb 3.0's transfer speed is abnormal when the first time power on.

My pc has two "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB 3.0" port.

But when the first time power on, the usb 3.0 transfer speed is only 30MB/s. After reboot(not shutdown) pc, It restore to the normal speed 200MB/s. Then i shutdown pc and power on again, it's speed become 30MB/s. Reboot pc again, it's speed restore to 200MB/s.

I has searched the internet. many other people has similar problem (usb 3.0's transfer speede equal to usb 2.0). But I can't find solution.

How can i fixed it?

Thanks a lot.

freeyxm, Aug 11, 2015
  3. HOW DO I GET MY HTC TOUCH DEVICE TO BE RECOGNIZED BY MY PC AGAIN??

Do you get the same message for any USb device you connect to the PC?

Disconnect the device. Shutdown your computer and disconnect the power cord from the power supply at the back of the PC. Wait a few seconds and reconnect and power up. Connect the device again.

Linley Meslier, Aug 11, 2015
  4. USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

I don't know why your mouse stays lit up, but power to USB in an off state is a feature in modern motherboards. There's probably a setting in your bios to disable it if you like.

fracking4oil, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Cammulc Win User
    Oh, ok I'll check that out. Thank you! Just thought it was odd since I had never noticed anything like this before the upgrade.

Cammulc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

1. USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown - Similar Threads - USB Power Feeds

2. PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button: Hi, My computer has been having problem shutdown completely. Whenever I clicked “shutdown”, the screen would turn dark, but the PC was still running because I could hear the fan, and my headset’s light was on (usually when it was completely shutdown, the light of the...
  3. PC Powers Up From Apparent S5 (or G3) Shutdown State

PC Powers Up From Apparent S5 (or G3) Shutdown State: My PC has this issue where it powers up from an apparent S5 or G3 shutdown state precisely at midnight. It does not happen every night, but more often than not. When it powers up this way, the power profile also apparently has no effect. I have it set to sleep after 1 hour of...
  4. PC shutdown while cipher

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shutdown while cipher: Hello, I was performing a cipher on my C drive just to clean up old junk. I left my PC running for several hours and kind of forgot about it. When I remembered, I noticed my PC had shut down. So I restarted it and noticed it hadn't finished ciphering because my C drive was...
  5. PC started to shutdown while gaming, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC started to shutdown while gaming, windows 10: Hello, I have bought gaming-laptop a half year ago, and all this time I played games without any problem. But a month ago my computer to shut down while playing the same games after about five minutes of playing. I don't know what could cause such problems, I have last...
  6. Battery Drains While Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  7. power,sleep,& shutdown settings

power,sleep,& shutdown settings: I am running windows 10 home x64 on an Acer laptop. When I put my pc to sleep I want it to shutdown automatically after say 45 minutes. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks & Cheers....
  8. Power Shutdown

Power Shutdown: Loaded Windows 10 recently. Now it shuts down unexpectantly and must manually reboot. Slow coming up, needs help at times.What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/power-shutdown/4c522aac-dc94-4939-8804-ca411bcfd3cf
  9. Power outage while PC in sleep

Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...
  10. Make USB port powered while suspend/sleep/standby

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make USB port powered while suspend/sleep/standby: How to use power from USB port while it goes to standby/suspend mode. When I go to device manager- USB root hub- right click - properties -power management tab, the option "allow this device to wake computer" is inactive. But "allow this computer to turn off this device to...