Windows 10: USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On

Discus and support USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Is this happening to anyone else? I have turned off power savings mode to all my USB ports only to find that Windows has turned this back on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PatThielen, Sep 20, 2020.

1. USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On

Hello,

Is this happening to anyone else? I have turned off power savings mode to all my USB ports only to find that Windows has turned this back on. Because of this my backup has failed multiple times because Windows has apparently put the USB3 port to sleep while the backup was running I back up to an external Drobo device. Even though I had this "feature" turned off. This seems to happen after a major Windows 10 update, like the one we got last week.

Microsoft: Is there any way you could see fit to seriously stop messing with my settings? I would appreciate it if I didn't have to go back in and change everything back to the way I had it after I do an update. Why do you do this? Stop it.

Besides, my PC isn't a laptop -- There is no need to save battery because there is no battery to save.

If battery=0 then USB3 power save=off. There ya go! How's that? And I'm not even a coder.

Is anyone else having this same, or similar, issue?

:)

PatThielen, Sep 20, 2020

2. Saving the power to USB ports

HI Michele, follow the steps to prevent Windows from turning off USB devices:

- Press and hold Windows + R keys to open Run box

- Type in devmgmt.msc and lick on Enter

- Double click on the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" branch

- Double click the "USB Root Hub" device

- Tap on "Power Management"

- Remove a checkmark next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

- Click on ok button

Please do the above steps on either each USB root hub or do it only for the USB ports that you want to be on.

Martin Jenkinss, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Guru-# Win User
    USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Sep 20, 2020
  4. USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On

Saving the power to USB ports

The drives connected to my PC through the USB ports seem to save power. I have two drives and they are self powered, they use AC power.

I found out that the fan of the drive is not spinning - that means it doesn’t get power from the USB port. I tried to disable the power savings but the fan stopped spinning when idle, so it didn’t help. But I still can read and write using this drive.

Can I make the system to keep the power on to the USB drives?

MicheleJohnson2, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On

1. USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On - Similar Threads - USB Power Savings

2. PC turns on but no display or power to usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on but no display or power to usb: Tried reseating gpu, cpu and ram multiple times. Tried to clear cmos to no availJust bought new cpu, ram and motherboard. Q-led says its either boot or dram thats the problem. I am so frustrated hope someone can help...
  3. PC turns on but no display or power to usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on but no display or power to usb: Tried reseating gpu, cpu and ram multiple times. Tried to clear cmos to no availJust bought new cpu, ram and motherboard. Q-led says its either boot or dram thats the problem. I am so frustrated hope someone can help...
  4. PC turns on but no display or power to usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen keeps going into power saving mode.: just setting up a cheap and cheerful set up for my wife, everything seems to work fine but the screen keeps going into power saving mode i have tried 2 different screens the same thing? any idea whats going on? also when it goes in this mode i have to reboot the pc because i...
  6. USB hard drive keeps entering power save mode after disabling power save through multiple...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hard drive keeps entering power save mode after disabling power save through multiple...: I have a USB powered external hard drive that keeps entering a low power mode. I have disabled power save in several different methods outlined below, and the drive continues to enter power save. This is a problem because I am trying to edit video that is stored on the drive...
  7. USB Power Setting not saving

USB Power Setting not saving: I have a PC that continues to turn off the USB touch response of a touch screen. I go to the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers I uncheck every "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" The next day, after being turned off overnight, one or...
  8. Display turns off at timer for power save, but then turns back on

Display turns off at timer for power save, but then turns back on: Hi I have set power saving for display to go to sleep after 3 minutes of inactivity when plugged in. And after 3 minutes, display powers off. But then shortly after that it turns back on. And then later off again. I have newer timed this intervals for turning on and second...
  9. Saving the power to USB ports

Saving the power to USB ports: The drives connected to my PC through the USB ports seem to save power. I have two drives and they are self powered, they use AC power. I found out that the fan of the drive is not spinning - that means it doesn’t get power from the USB port. I tried to disable the power...
  10. Power Saving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Saving: My Dell monitor shuts off at will. I change settings to Never (shut down)(sleep). When this happens I am usually in the middle of what I was doing or listening to. For a while, it was not doing this. Then I got a Windows update and it started all over again. I tried to...