Windows 10: USB Power Setting not saving

Discus and support USB Power Setting not saving in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC that continues to turn off the USB touch response of a touch screen. I go to the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SS_Vegas, Aug 19, 2020.

1. SS_Vegas Win User

USB Power Setting not saving

I have a PC that continues to turn off the USB touch response of a touch screen.

I go to the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers

I uncheck every "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

The next day, after being turned off overnight, one or more of the 'boxes' is checked again.

I also uncheck the same for the Human Interface Devices:

HID-compliant touch screen

USB Input Device

How can make sure these stay unchecked?

Thank you

USB Power Setting not saving 0d3b31d2-684b-484a-bd8d-adcd57f052cf?upload=true.png

:)

SS_Vegas, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Guru-# Win User

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Saving the power to USB ports

HI Michele, follow the steps to prevent Windows from turning off USB devices:

- Press and hold Windows + R keys to open Run box

- Type in devmgmt.msc and lick on Enter

- Double click on the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" branch

- Double click the "USB Root Hub" device

- Tap on "Power Management"

- Remove a checkmark next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

- Click on ok button

Please do the above steps on either each USB root hub or do it only for the USB ports that you want to be on.

Martin Jenkinss, Aug 19, 2020
  4. USB Power Setting not saving

No power at usb

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

"I have checked and followed the instructions in Device Manager, Trouble shooting , settings, update driver and audio within the computer

Also various links within this forum with no success"

What troubleshooting steps did you try to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check:

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If you think that it is the power that is causing this, run the Power Troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

USB Power Setting not saving

1. USB Power Setting not saving - Similar Threads - USB Power Setting

2. Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?: My wife's Dell computer has a lot more options in the Advance Power settings. Including "USB Settings". Why would my HP Envy 32 not have those options? I have USB devices plugged in. Like my mouse, a hard drive, an m-disc drive....
  3. Power and sleep setting won't save.

Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  4. USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On

USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On: Hello, Is this happening to anyone else? I have turned off power savings mode to all my USB ports only to find that Windows has turned this back on. Because of this my backup has failed multiple times because Windows has apparently put the USB3 port to sleep while the...
  5. USB Power settings - WHY!???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Power settings - WHY!???: OK a little bit of a rant and reporting and issue that should never have happened. This happened to my son who depends on things like live streaming for his income as a professional musician. I'm a former MSFT consultant and assisted with this troubleshooting over a the...
  6. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  7. "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?: After an automatic update a while back in windows 10, i now get a window that says "power savings switch" is changed. New setting is now Graphic. This change will be effective when you reboot now or later. It doesnt matter when i push the reboot button, the window is always...
  8. Saving the power to USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saving the power to USB ports: The drives connected to my PC through the USB ports seem to save power. I have two drives and they are self powered, they use AC power. I found out that the fan of the drive is not spinning - that means it doesn’t get power from the USB port. I tried to disable the power...
  9. power settings not saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    power settings not saved: I've seen this question asked dozens of times. Is there a fix for this? I have all of my power settings set to max performance and "never." Nothing works. My computer falls asleep about as fast as my cell phone (1 minute). Waking it up means I have to log in again. VERY...
  10. Best power saving settings for screensaver?

Best power saving settings for screensaver?: I'm a bit confused regarding the different types of power saving (screen turn off, sleep) available on Windows 10, and would be grateful if someone could suggest the best set-up for my situtation. I turn on my home PC every morning when I get up, and turn it off before I go...