Windows 10: USB Power surge Help!

Discus and support USB Power surge Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically : When I plug in my Toner Microphone USB - I get an error 'usb power surge' This is really frustrating as my mac + ps4 works perfectly fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeWatchorn, Mar 7, 2021.

1. USB Power surge Help!

Basically : When I plug in my Toner Microphone USB - I get an error 'usb power surge'

This is really frustrating as my mac + ps4 works perfectly fine with the microphone but my pc doesn't.

I have looked everywhere for a fix and I couldn't find one.

I have updated drivers + updated bios recently.

I would love some help Thanks!

:)

GeorgeWatchorn, Mar 7, 2021
  2. O1039 Win User

Power surge

USB power surge and now USB is not working

O1039, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Peter.4 Win User
    USB Power Surge

When I plug in an HDMI cable into my USB type C adapter into my Acer Alpha Switch 12 I recieve a message that says Power Surge on USB port. How do I fix this?

Peter.4, Mar 7, 2021
  4. USB Power surge Help!

power surge on usb port pop up

Hello Peggylee53,

My name is Paul one of the Community Expert and a Windows user like you. I do apologize that you are having an issue with a notification of power surge on USB even though when nothing happened.

First Thing that we need to do is:

Disconnect all USB peripheral equipment from your Laptop. Then, click the Reset button on the computer screen.

After reset, we recommend you to reboot your operating system and reconnect the USB device to your computer to see if the power surge on the USB port error persists.

Step#2: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

Hardware Troubleshooter is a utility that comes with Windows 10. With it, you can detect and fix problems with hardware. When encountering power surge on the USB port, you can try this tool to solve your error.

* Input troubleshoot in the search bar and click this tool to the Troubleshoot page.

* Find Hardware and Devices and choose Run the troubleshooter.

* Then, this tool will scan the hardware and fix found problems.

Step#3: Reinstall the USB Device Driver

* Click Start and search for device manager and run as admin.

* Click Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click on each driver and click Uninstall device.

* Restart the PC for the changes to take effect (Each device will going to reinstall automatically once windows is back to the desktop).

Please let me know if the above steps worked for you or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

USB Power surge Help!

1. USB Power surge Help! - Similar Threads - USB Power surge

2. Power surge on the USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port: Hello I'm getting this ErrorPower surge on the USB port – Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply.A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device.I tried:-troubleshoot-to delete Universal...
  3. Power surge on the USB

Power surge on the USB: Hello I'm getting this ErrorPower surge on the USB port – Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply.A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device.I tried:-troubleshoot-to delete Universal...
  4. power surge on the usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power surge on the usb port: for the past few days ive noticed that my legion 5 is always dead when i want to turn it on. i noticed when i plugged in power and turn on my laptop, i always received a notification saying power surge on the usb port. i only have my logitech g304 plugged in so i unplug and...
  5. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: power surge on usb port unknown usb device needs more power, i tried every solution, tried to reinstall the drivers, 5 mins ago replaced the keyboard and mouse and i'm still getting it, not sure why, maybe i need to update bios or something, i tried literally everything, it...
  6. Power surge on usb device

Power surge on usb device: I have a power surge on every single usb device. Not one, but all. How on earth can I fix it when I have no way of operating the computer? Someone please help me Edit: I use 4 usb's: my headset, mouse, keyboard and internet. I found that if I unplug 2 and restart my...
  7. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: Power surge on USB port keeps flashing, Unknown usb device using more power than port can supply. Tried reboot, nothing has been plugged in but AC cord. Once unplugged this happens....
  8. Power Surge on the USB port.

Power Surge on the USB port.: Help, when I plug in a USB on my laptop, the power surge thong pops up every time. I tried all of the videos suggestions and I’m out of ideas. Could someone help me. submitted by /u/kylerc734 [link] [comments]...
  9. USB power surge issue

USB power surge issue: I have tried every single online tutorial to fix my USB power surge on my Dell laptop. Im a photographer and I can't upload any of my photos from my camera. Please help....
  10. Power surge on the USB port

Power surge on the USB port: Hi All, I just upgraded my computer case to a full tower. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK. Since I did that when I cold boot my computer I get the error pop on the screen: " Power surge on the USB port Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can...