Windows 10: USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

Discus and support USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesStones, Jul 8, 2019.

1. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on a laptop and it works OK. I've gone through the HP process of adding in the printer drivers and then switching on the printer and it still can't be discovered. Its an old printer, about 12 years old, but I think it should still work. Any suggestions?

:)

JamesStones, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Firebeast Win User

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Jul 8, 2019
  3. printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 8, 2019
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0

A couple more suggestions:
    First, check to see if your motherboard manufacturer has a newer USB controller driver to install. If so, install it.

Second, try reinstalling all the USB devices:
    Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click on each device listed underneath and choose Uninstall (you could leave anything related to USB 3.0 alone) > after you've cleared the list, restart Windows and they will all be reinstalled again.

See if the printer will work after either of those.

Also: unplug the USB cable to that printer before doing any procedures, then plug it in after Windows is back up running.

Thema:

USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

1. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362 - Similar Threads - USB printer disappears

2. Windows 10 Hotspot doesn't work past build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Hotspot doesn't work past build 18362: Hi, I recently tried to update my computer again, and it appears microsoft still has yet to fix this issue, since it's been happening ever since build 18363 came out and I updated to it. When I update, I try to turn on the hotspot, and while it "turns on" nothing can connect...
  3. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  4. Build 2004 Update USB printers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Build 2004 Update USB printers not working: Ever since i upgraded my computer to build 2004 i can't print to any usb printers that I have. I have ran all updates and am up to date. I tried the installing the kb4567523 fix and that did not help. Any ideas as to why this is happening and the hotfix did not work or has...
  5. Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour: I've noticed some strange behaviour with creating a System Restore Point in Windows 10, this may be an oddball way of doing things but it's worked for me for many years prior to upgrading to Windows 10 x64 (from Windows 7 x64). In short - I had a scheduled task that ran...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  7. Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362: Hi, Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse to have multiple windows displayed. I've noticed that some Windows 10 computers on my network that have not been upgraded...
  8. Sandboxie Beta 5.31.1, fixes downloadi issue in W10 build 18362 (1903)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie Beta 5.31.1, fixes downloadi issue in W10 build 18362 (1903): Sandboxie Beta 5.31.1 has been released, it fixes issue that prevented files from being downloaded when browsing sandboxed (W10 1903). *Tongue To this point, that was the only known issue between Sandboxie and W10 1903. And now is fixed. *Smile Changes and fixes. Changes...
  9. Small issue in latest build 18362....

in Windows 10 Support
    Small issue in latest build 18362....: Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually had to install via the ISO on a USB. EVERYTHING is working.....so I am very pleased. I do have one small issue. When I close...
  10. W10 Builds

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Builds: I am using 10130 which I guess is the last update. I keep seeing news about other builds but this conjecture is ridiculous. Shuld I be using something newer??????????? Thanks 7325

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zt410 printer malfuctioing on Windows 10 - Build 18362

2. 18362 sharing printers