Windows 10: USB printer stopped printing

Discus and support USB printer stopped printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother MFC-240C printer connected via usb cable. I am running Windows 10 latest version on an HP desktop computer. The printer worked until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DRBGEO, Jun 20, 2020.

1. DRBGEO Win User

USB printer stopped printing

I have a Brother MFC-240C printer connected via usb cable. I am running Windows 10 latest version on an HP desktop computer. The printer worked until two days ago. I was running an external hard drive connected via usb and was trying to format the drive but with no success. The next day, when I started the computer, the printer simply did not print.

The scanning function works fine. The print jobs are entered into the queue indicating port USB001. The queue indicates the job is printing. The job appears to have printed then it disappears from the print queue. However, nothing actually prints on the printer.

I have removed the device and added back in. I have tried different cables. I reinstalled the printer from scratch. I have tried both the Microsoft help assistant live and the Brother website with no luck. It appears, to me, that the print queue is not communicating with the printer, but I don't know how you check that out or make sure that there is an actual live connection. The fact that the computer communicates with the printer as a scanner suggests the cabling and communications are working, but the print queue appears to send the print job into vapor land.

Not sure what to do next. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, DRBGEO

:)

DRBGEO, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Breit Win User

USB printing support

does anyone know if there is a way to kick that 'USB printing support' out of my device manager?
    i have a usb hub and if that hub is connected i have an unknown device called 'unknownprinter' which is connected to the usb printing support. i don't need that usb printing support an i don't want any unknown devices in my device manager so i have do get rid of that 'usb printing support'.
    any suggestions?

--breit

Breit, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. USB printer stopped printing - Similar Threads - USB printer stopped

2. Printer Stopped Working On USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Stopped Working On USB: Starting roughly around the installation of update OS 22621.105, my long-standing ability to print via USB to a Canon G3260 stopped. The printer driver shows "Printer not responding". Test pages from the driver, as well as pages from any app, will show up in the printer queue...
  3. Printer Stopped Working On USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working On USB: Starting roughly around the installation of update OS 22621.105, my long-standing ability to print via USB to a Canon G3260 stopped. The printer driver shows "Printer not responding". Test pages from the driver, as well as pages from any app, will show up in the printer queue...
  4. Wireless Print to USB Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Print to USB Printer: My daughter has a Canon IMAGE Class MF236 USB only laser printer which is connected to her desktop Windows 10 PC. She has a Widows laptop (I think it's Windows 10) that she wants to print to her Canon printer. Is there a way to do this? 166226
  5. My printer stopped printing.

My printer stopped printing.: Tried to turn off, unplug, waited 30 seconds and restarted Windows. Didn't help. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-stopped-printing/8b674e2b-aa29-43e0-9451-45a53ba7176e
  6. Wireless Printer abruptly stopped printing

Wireless Printer abruptly stopped printing: My printer abruptly stopped printing and I have done everything and now I read windows 10 has a print problem when you have a firewall runnin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-abruptly-stopped-printing/8d38d671-4a1c-41e6-928f-64857593d53c
  7. Printer stopped printing

Printer stopped printing: I printed two pieces of clipart, from a website. I later tried to print a document from MS Word. It will not print. It shows in the printer que. I have tried rebooting the laptop the printer is attached to. I have tried unplugging the printer. I am using a Samsung laptop...
  8. My printer will not print with USB

My printer will not print with USB: I am having a very difficult problem getting my laptop to print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-print-with-usb/92acfc7b-2baa-47f7-8c60-78f5e07c0a08
  9. printer stopped printing from computer

printer stopped printing from computer: new windows 10 update installed and my Epson printer will no longer print from computer. ever time I hit print "save print out put as" comes up and regardless of what I do it will not allow me to print. Uninstalled the update but can not print from this computer from any app...
  10. Can't stop printer from printing

Can't stop printer from printing: This is a question re my Vista desktop, but I'm sure someone here will have an answer. I just installed new cartridges in my Epson NX400 printer. Then to print a test page, I printed what was on the screen. Unfortunately what was on the screen was about a 300 page journal,...