Windows 10: USB Printer

Discus and support USB Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have two usb printers connected DTC1250E and DCP 132W As long as they are connected in that order . Then we can set the DCP132W to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Hammond JMH, Oct 24, 2019.

1. USB Printer

We have two usb printers connected
    DTC1250E and DCP 132W

As long as they are connected in that order . Then we can set the DCP132W to the default printer and the muster report runs to it . ie right click on a note pad file and it prints to the DC)132W

We can log off and log on as different users and all stay correct. If the computer reboots and checks the printers to see which is the default . The tick is on the DCP132W but right-clicking on a note pad file is sent to the DTC1250E

:)

John Hammond JMH, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Firebeast Win User

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Oct 24, 2019
  3. printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 24, 2019
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

USB Printer

USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0

A couple more suggestions:
    First, check to see if your motherboard manufacturer has a newer USB controller driver to install. If so, install it.

Second, try reinstalling all the USB devices:
    Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click on each device listed underneath and choose Uninstall (you could leave anything related to USB 3.0 alone) > after you've cleared the list, restart Windows and they will all be reinstalled again.

See if the printer will work after either of those.

Also: unplug the USB cable to that printer before doing any procedures, then plug it in after Windows is back up running.

Thema:

USB Printer

1. USB Printer - Similar Threads - USB Printer

2. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  3. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  4. Windows 11 laptop not able to connect to Windows 10 USB connected printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop not able to connect to Windows 10 USB connected printer: I recently purchased a Windows 10 laptop. It was upgraded to Win11 during the setup process. I also have a Win10 desktop with a Brother HL-L2350DW printer attached via USB cable. The printer is shared over a home network. The Win11 device can see the printer but is unable to...
  5. Windows 11 laptop not able to connect to Windows 10 USB connected printer

Windows 11 laptop not able to connect to Windows 10 USB connected printer: I recently purchased a Windows 10 laptop. It was upgraded to Win11 during the setup process. I also have a Win10 desktop with a Brother HL-L2350DW printer attached via USB cable. The printer is shared over a home network. The Win11 device can see the printer but is unable to...
  6. sharing a usb printer from win10 to win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a usb printer from win10 to win11: Hi AllI have a home network with 2 computers. one has win10 installed and a usb printer attached, let's call it win10. The other is running the latest version of win11, including beta updates, let's call this one win11.I can access win10 from win11 using remote desk. Thus i...
  7. sharing a usb printer from win10 to win11

sharing a usb printer from win10 to win11: Hi AllI have a home network with 2 computers. one has win10 installed and a usb printer attached, let's call it win10. The other is running the latest version of win11, including beta updates, let's call this one win11.I can access win10 from win11 using remote desk. Thus i...
  8. My Local USB connected printers removed

My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...
  9. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...
  10. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware