Windows 10: USB Printing Support is an older USB device

Discus and support USB Printing Support is an older USB device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RentDue, Sep 3, 2019.

1. RentDue Win User

USB Printing Support is an older USB device

I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0."

I've tried every fix I could find and nothings worked. Windows 10 can't find the restore file so I can't roll back today's update. I am desperate. Any suggestions?

:)

RentDue, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Breit Win User

USB printing support

does anyone know if there is a way to kick that 'USB printing support' out of my device manager?
    i have a usb hub and if that hub is connected i have an unknown device called 'unknownprinter' which is connected to the usb printing support. i don't need that usb printing support an i don't want any unknown devices in my device manager so i have do get rid of that 'usb printing support'.
    any suggestions?

--breit

Breit, Sep 3, 2019
  3. "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0" Windows 10

Many people have this problem:

I bought a new laptop (HP Envy 13) with Windows 10. I have a USB printer (HP LaserJet 1018). When I plug it in, it appears as "unknown device" in Devices and Printers. The troubleshooter shows a message:

which hints at that the problem is not in the printer but in Windows 10 USB printing support, which apparently cannot work with USB 3.0 ports. The laptop has only USB 3.0 ports, so apparently it cannot print at all (I did not try other printers).

What I have tried:

• Read lots of forum messages. All of them say "I have this problem, too," but none has a solution.
    • I saw a suggestion to plug the printer into a USB 2.0 port, but modern computers have no USB 2.0 ports.
    • Connecting the printer via a USB 2.0 cable.
    • Connecting the printer to USB 2.0 or USB 1.0 external hub connected to the computer via a USB 2.0 cable.
    • Uninstalling USB controller drivers (Windows 10 installs them again after reboot).
    • Uninstalling the USB Printing Support device (Windows 10 installs it again after reboot) or updating it (Windows 10 says I have the latest version).
    • Looking for Windows 10 drivers on HP website. The printer is listed as supported and Windows 10 driver is in the list, but instead of a link to the driver their site says that I should use the built-in driver already included with the operating system. It has a link to "more information", which finally sends me back to the same page.
    • Using print doctor (or so) troubleshooter from the HP site. It says the printer drivers are not installed and sends me to the above page (where there is no driver).
    • Installing Windows 7 or Windows 8 driver (it is the same driver). It gives an error when I try to use its installer, and says "file not found" when I try to install the .INF file manually.
    • Connecting the printer to another computer with Windows 7 (works like a charm), marking it as shared and connecting to it from the Windows 10 laptop via IP. It does see it but asks to install a driver from file (shows a "choose file" dialog without attempting to use the alleged built-in driver), but as I said HP does not provide any driver file for this printer, suggesting to use Windows 10 built-in driver. In the list of known devices that the installer shows (after syncing with Windows Update) there is no 1018 printer.
    • Installing HP LaserJet 1020 driver from that list, instead of 1018 (Windows 7 driver is the same for 1018, 1020, and 1022). It says it cannot communicate with the printer.

Any better idea?

Alexander Gelbukh, Sep 3, 2019
  4. USB Printing Support is an older USB device

USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

I took a snapshot of and highlighted the rows of interest in DevManView

It shows Epson drivers installed. It also shows USB Printing Support drivers installed (the second of the two USB Print Support rows is for your Epson printer). But it also says the printer wasn't detected at the time you ran the tool. Sorry, I forgot to have you turn on printer on before running the report. Sorry.
    Could you please run again with printer turned on?
    1. When you turn printer on/off are you hearing the USB connect/disconnect "ding-dong" sounds?
    2. Open Device Manager. Show hidden devices.
      • Anything change under the Printer or USB Categories as you turn printer on/off
      • When you turn the printer on, do you see an Unknown Device under USB?

USB Printing Support is an older USB device [​IMG]

ComputerGeek, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

USB Printing Support is an older USB device

1. USB Printing Support is an older USB device - Similar Threads - USB Printing Support

2. USB Thermal Printer shows up as USB Printing Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Thermal Printer shows up as USB Printing Support: I have a thermal printer to print my airway bills for orders from my online shop. I just bought a new laptop Huawei Matebook D15 and this is the first time I am using Windows 10. The printer model is XprinterXP-420B but when I plugged in, it only comes up in the unspecified...
  3. USB Thermal Printer shows up as USB Printing Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Thermal Printer shows up as USB Printing Support: I have a thermal printer to print my airway bills for orders from my online shop. I just bought a new laptop Huawei Matebook D15 and this is the first time I am using Windows 10. The printer model is XprinterXP-420B but when I plugged in, it only comes up in the unspecified...
  4. USB Printing Support

USB Printing Support: when i connected Printronix S809 USB cable into the PC, the USB Printing supports in the device manager gets yellow color ! mark and when update the drivers from the Microsoft Updates its get installed, next day when we power on the desktop again its gives same error and...
  5. HELP! 2nd try for "USB Printing Support is an older USB device"

HELP! 2nd try for "USB Printing Support is an older USB device": Seven days ago I posted: "USB Printing Support is an older USB device I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0." I've tried every fix I...
  6. USB Device Not Supported

USB Device Not Supported: This has become another frustrating Windows10 problem. Suddenly getting note that the last USB device I installed isn't recognized, or words to that effect. I have followed recommendations to delete USB devices and that didn't work. I have checked for new drivers for all...
  7. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...
  8. USB Printing Support Driver

USB Printing Support Driver: I've been trying to fix this for our Epilog Zing laser engraver for over a week. I've searched the internet for this error, and have tried everything it said to do. I deleted the laser, and the software. Downloaded the firmware, software, and driver again and installed it...
  9. USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: I get this message when trying to use a Brother HL-5040 printer with my new Dell 3470 PC. The printer has worked for some days, then stops working with no known reason that I can identify. It's listed under "printers" but when I send a document to print there's nothing in...
  10. USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager: A problem has just occurred when I can no longer use my Epson XP-520 printer, as the USB Printer Support is no longer showing in the Device Manager and therefore, unable to install the driver. The only way I can user printer is via the network driver. How do I correct this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb printing support is an older usb device

2. usb printing support is an older device