Windows 10: USB/PS3 Controller Error

Discus and support USB/PS3 Controller Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my PS3 controller, it turns off randomly when i'm playing, and then if i for example disconnect my mouse and connect it again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guilherme Leite dos, Jul 16, 2020.

1. USB/PS3 Controller Error

I'm having a problem with my PS3 controller, it turns off randomly when i'm playing, and then if i for example disconnect my mouse and connect it again it will stop working too until i turn off my computer same thing for every USB device but it seems it's starting with the controller, when i check my devices page it shows an xbox 360 controller with a yellow warning marker even though i've never used an xbox controller on my computer, it also gets very hard for my computer to turn off when this happens and takes longer than usual for it to turn on again, i use scp server to use the ps3 controller so i do not know if this could be the case even though i've used it for years now USB/PS3 Controller Error ef58f05c-6c05-4f1b-992c-68fd43dc41fb?upload=true.png

:)

Guilherme Leite dos, Jul 16, 2020

2. PS3 controller not working..

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions, to better understand your query.

1. Are you using a Wired or a wireless PS3 controller?

2. Do you receive any error message? If yes, kindly reply with the error message and error code.

I would suggest you try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category
      to Small Icons.
    • Now click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click
      ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: If you are using a USB Controller, follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

3. Right-click on every device under Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the system and allow the computer to reinstall the USB controllers.

5. Once all the USB Controllers are installed, connect the external Hard drive again.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 16, 2020
  3. FilipP221 Win User
    Problem with USB (PS3 Controller)

Hello, recently my PS3 Controller has been having problems with connecting to my computer. It connects and the computer makes the notification sound, it displays in the device manager but instead of showing PS3 Controller (R) it comes up with a yellow triangle
    next to "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I have tried installing the driver, uninstalling it, resetting my PC. I have used the troubleshooter, I have also tried the troubleshooter (Fix It or whatever it's called) on the Microsoft website. I am not sure as to why it would be a hardware problem as
    the controller was working perfectly recently.

It is not only the PS3 controller that has been acting up recently, some of the USB ports tend to not work, and my devices are not detected. I uninstalled all USB ports on the device manager and reset the computer so that the device drivers could be installed
    again. However did not work.

The Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) device (My PS3 controller) has this device status :

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I have tried almost all options, and I am guessing I will have to buy a new controller and cable.

Any solutions? Thanks.

FilipP221, Jul 16, 2020
  4. USB/PS3 Controller Error

PS3 controller won't charge in usb port after the November update

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the issue persist when you connect PS3 it to other USB ports?
    • Did you check if the issue persist when you connect PS3 to other PC?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If you haven't tried, connect the device to a different USB port and check if it fixes the issue. If the issue persist, connect the device to the port and uninstall all the USB drivers from the device manager
    by following the steps below:

• Connect the USB device. Check if the device is getting detected under
      Device Manager
    • Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Right Click on the USB device and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer as the PC will reinstall the USB drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

USB/PS3 Controller Error

1. USB/PS3 Controller Error - Similar Threads - USB PS3 Controller

2. PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3: Nothing even happened, I just didn't play for a while, and then it gave me an error the next time I used it. It just says "USB configuration descriptor request failed" and the device was stopped because of an error code 43. Should I open it up? It seems to be in good...
  3. fake ps3 controller not working a driver error

fake ps3 controller not working a driver error: i have asked this question before but my fake ps3 controller is connecting but says driver error and recognizing it as xbox 360 controller i need the ds3 software and it is wireless so bluetooth drivers i did this before but after doing that my bluetooth dongles host radio...
  4. fake ps3 controller not working a driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fake ps3 controller not working a driver error: i have asked this question before but my fake ps3 controller is connecting but says driver error and recognizing it as xbox 360 controller i need the ds3 software and it is wireless so bluetooth drivers i did this before but after doing that my bluetooth dongles host radio...
  5. fake ps3 controller not working a driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't install ps3 controller driver, code 10 with ps3 controller

Can't install ps3 controller driver, code 10 with ps3 controller: When I try to install the driver, the installation simply becomes endless, only disconnection gamepad from the USB helps to complete the installation...
  7. Can't install ps3 controller driver, code 10 with ps3 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install ps3 controller driver, code 10 with ps3 controller: When I try to install the driver, the installation simply becomes endless, only disconnection gamepad from the USB helps to complete the installation...
  8. Can't install ps3 controller driver, code 10 with ps3 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Ps3 controller for windows

Ps3 controller for windows: So, I were able to use controller normally by downloading drivers. Ones it didnt work properly on a game. I tried fixing it but ended up somehow deleting "xbox 360 controller for windows" option from device manager. Now it doesn't show that i have connected 360 controller and...
  10. PS3 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS3 Controller: My ps3 controller can be detected by win10 and latest version of pcsx2 but it does not function . I install fireshock and it sill the same. 121219

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps3/usb corded gamepad error de controllador