Windows 10: USB randomly resets

Discus and support USB randomly resets in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having many problems with USB for a while but I'll try my best to keep this post short. Basically i have two usb hubs connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hayez77, Jan 6, 2019.

1. hayez77 Win User

USB randomly resets

I have been having many problems with USB for a while but I'll try my best to keep this post short. Basically i have two usb hubs connected to my computer. Every so often at a random time, its almost like the devices connected to the hubs will "reset" themselves. Whenever this happens whatever key I am pressing on the keyboard becomes stuck, my microphone stops working until I unplug and plug it back in, and my mouse turns green (color corresponding to dpi setting); which is what it does when it is unplugged and plugged back in. The back lights of my mouse and keyboard never turn off though so i can't be a loss of power. I have turned off power management for every single device, turned off usb select suspend, and checked event viewer to find nothing. Could this be different software conflicting with each other?
    -Logitech Gaming Software (for g920)
    -Corsair iCUE (for 800mm mousepad)
    -Red Dragon Griffin mouse software (for reddragon griffin mouse)
    Note: I opened logitech gaming software and it shows a keyboard, mouse, and phone screen thingy in devices. I have no Logitech devices connected ever unless using the g920 wheel so this is very strange.

:)

hayez77, Jan 6, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 6, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB randomly resets

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB randomly resets nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

USB randomly resets

1. USB randomly resets - Similar Threads - USB randomly resets

2. PC Resetting Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Resetting Randomly: Specs:5900x3080TIMSI X570 Tomahawk32GB Teamgroup 3600mhzCorsair RM1000xThis machine is just over a year old and until now has had no issues since the day I built it.Symptoms:Starting roughly two weeks ago, PC started either resetting itself or freezing completely. I would say...
  3. PC Resetting Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Resetting Randomly: Specs:5900x3080TIMSI X570 Tomahawk32GB Teamgroup 3600mhzCorsair RM1000xThis machine is just over a year old and until now has had no issues since the day I built it.Symptoms:Starting roughly two weeks ago, PC started either resetting itself or freezing completely. I would say...
  4. PC Resetting Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset the displays randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset the displays randomly: Dear Community I had this machine where HP laptop running Windows 10 connecting to 2 external Dell monitors via Toshiba docking station. The laptop sets as main display. Occasionally, the displays get reset to only a laptop screen - other screens are black. Sometimes the...
  6. Reset the display randomly

Reset the display randomly: Dear Community I had this machine where HP laptop running Windows 10 connecting to 2 external Dell monitors via Toshiba docking station. The laptop sets as main display. Occasionally, the displays get reset to only a laptop screen - other screen are black. Sometimes the...
  7. Computer randomly resets.

Computer randomly resets.: Hey, so as the title says my newly built pc has been randomly shutting down and resetting always mid gaming and usually after 3+ hours of gaming. My system has not crashed during benchmarks. System temps are well below throttle and all drivers are up to date. I'm thinking...
  8. Windows 10 randomly resetting turn OFF/ON USB ports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly resetting turn OFF/ON USB ports: Hello! I've been having a problem for some weeks now, where ALL the USB ports on my computer are reset, being turned off and immediately on in a matter of seconds. This happens randomly and disconnects all my peripherals at the same time. I lose audio I have an external...
  9. Password Reset USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Reset USB: How do I create a Password Reset USB. When you search for that it shows up but when you click it nothing happens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-usb/5a012fbb-a544-4b5a-a1e4-84d7a81db9f2"
  10. System resets randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System resets randomly: My system Reset Randomly. I have windows 10 installed. 59091

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb randomly resets

2. my windows 10 usb backup drive keeps disconnecting when windows inexplicably restarts