Windows 10: USB recoery needed if I have install drive?

Discus and support USB recoery needed if I have install drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do I need to make a windows 10 recovery usb drive f I have the original installation drive? I have the Windows 10 instalation usb drive from Lovo. Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen714, May 7, 2019.

1. USB recoery needed if I have install drive?

Do I need to make a windows 10 recovery usb drive f I have the original installation drive?

I have the Windows 10 instalation usb drive from Lovo. Do I still need to create another usb recovery drive?

:)

Stephen714, May 7, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 7, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Its weird tho cause I have no problem with installing from disc. I did change it back to boot from HDD. I really dont want to uninstall all my components, kinds defeats the purpose of installing from usb. it would take longer to disconnect and reconnect after install then it would to just install from dvd.

Do you think its beacuse the drive was formated in ntfs, thats the only step I did different from the OP. Well that and the bootsect /nt60 command before coping files.

heres they way I went, probly have to try it fat32

launch diskpart.exe)
    select disk 1 (or your USB drive number, use list disk to get it)
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition=1
    active
    format fs=ntfs
    assign
    exit

Now that the drive is boot aware, we have to initialize its boot sector with the Windows boot manager (BOOTMGR), using the Bootsect.exe utility located in the boot directory of the Vista installation DVD. We have to tell the utility that our target drive is NTFS formatted:

bootsect.exe /nt60 f:

ShRoOmAlIsTiC, May 7, 2019
  4. 7.62 Win User

USB recoery needed if I have install drive?

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, May 7, 2019
Thema:

USB recoery needed if I have install drive?

1. USB recoery needed if I have install drive? - Similar Threads - USB recoery needed

2. I have a hard drive i need to wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a hard drive i need to wipe: So basically i have a old hard drive with win 7 and i want to wipe it so i can put it into my new win 10 pc for more store but i think if i just plug it into my new pc it might do some bad things for my pc so maybe someone can help me???...
  3. I have a hard drive i need to wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a hard drive i need to wipe: So basically i have a old hard drive with win 7 and i want to wipe it so i can put it into my new win 10 pc for more store but i think if i just plug it into my new pc it might do some bad things for my pc so maybe someone can help me???...
  4. I have a hard drive i need to wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do i install to a usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install to a usb drive: im trying to install something on the microsoft store i have a usb drive i use for storage cause the computer is full how do i download it to the usb drive??...
  6. how do i install to a usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i install to a usb drive: im trying to install something on the microsoft store i have a usb drive i use for storage cause the computer is full how do i download it to the usb drive??...
  7. Did I delete needed files on a usb drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did I delete needed files on a usb drive?: I needed a usb drive on which to burn a program to use on another PC. When I found a drive to use, it had several outdated files so I deleted them. It also had 2 folders that were named the same as the brand of drive, Cruze. I left those on the drive. I burned the program...
  8. I have a ASMT 2115 USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a ASMT 2115 USB Drive: Windows Disk Management reads it as a removeable disk ,No Media Iam trying to format it What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-asmt-2115-usb-drive/fabae0d2-d847-4030-901d-4a0f15d57e31
  9. Having trouble installing windows from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble installing windows from a USB drive: I'm trying to do a clean install on my computer. I plugged in my new SSD and unplugged all my drives from their SATA cables. I installed the media tool to a USB, not problems there. When I plug in the USB and try to boot from it, my computer goes to the MSI motherboard screen...
  10. Windows booting into recoery

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows booting into recoery: Hi, I have a friends SurfaceBook and all of a sudden it just keeps booting into the recovery image. I've tried to rollback the build which it says it can't. I tried to do system restore and it says an Operation System was not selected, even though there is no option to...