Windows 10: USB recovery

Discus and support USB recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I reinstall windows 10 from my usb recovery drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markdavis(2), Dec 26, 2018.

1. USB recovery

How do I reinstall windows 10 from my usb recovery drive

:)

markdavis(2), Dec 26, 2018
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

USB Recovery

Hi Janie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • How are you creating the recovery USB?

However, you can follow the steps from Create a recovery drive
    to create a recovery drive.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 26, 2018
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144395

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Dec 26, 2018
  4. wags1 Win User

USB recovery

How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Thanks again for helping. Yes, I've found and tried those instructions prior to posting. Nothing seems to work. It is ridiculous that Windows basically trashes a perfectly good USB stick when it creates a recovery disk. Their should be a way to clear it off so you can use it again but I guess not. Probably going to just give up and toss it....they are cheap enough these days.

wags1, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

USB recovery

1. USB recovery - Similar Threads - USB recovery

2. Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk: I want to put a text file, say PleaseReadMeFirst.txt in the Windows Recovery USB disk that I have created for Windows 11. This file will have some basic info that I need to identify like what is this USB stick for, when it was created, what was the version of Windows 11 under...
  3. Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk: I want to put a text file, say PleaseReadMeFirst.txt in the Windows Recovery USB disk that I have created for Windows 11. This file will have some basic info that I need to identify like what is this USB stick for, when it was created, what was the version of Windows 11 under...
  4. Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB: I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the same screen comes up without giving me an option to launch a recovery drive. I have tried disabling fast boot and secure boot...
  5. Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB: I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the same screen comes up without giving me an option to launch a recovery drive. I have tried disabling fast boot and secure boot...
  6. USB HDD not found by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB HDD not found by System Image Recovery: Hi, I'm using a Dell laptop running Windows 10I have made a system image onto a Toshiba External HDD 3.0.I then place a System Disc DVD made previously on another Laptop into the drive of the laptop I wish to recover.I attach the Toshiba External HDD to the laptop along with...
  7. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  8. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  9. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  10. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...