Windows 10: USB Removable storage device access denied Effected by Edit Group Policy

Discus and support USB Removable storage device access denied Effected by Edit Group Policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi My usb drive accessible through administrator account, But not accessible through user account. One more thing i need to share, for testing i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sagar Sarwasuddhi, Jan 31, 2020.

1. USB Removable storage device access denied Effected by Edit Group Policy

Hi

My usb drive accessible through administrator account, But not accessible through user account.

One more thing i need to share, for testing i applied group edit police for disabling removable storage devices. It worked. Again i changed options for providing access to removable storage device.

Changes are effecting to Admin account, not reflected to user account.

Note: Two accounts in my system local system Administrator account and domain user account connected to domain network.

Can you help me out

:)

Sagar Sarwasuddhi, Jan 31, 2020
  2. jimwald Win User

Windows 10: Group Policy re-applying even if removed

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my Surface Pro 3 and when trying to connect my USB drive, I always have to edit my group policy settings (which were never changed after I bought the Surface) to allow me to use it by changing the "All Removable Storage classes:
    Deny all access" setting from "Enabled" to "Not Configured" or "Disabled" under the following group policy tree:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > System > Removable Storage Access

I abort the reboot because normally after I reboot, the setting changes back to "Enabled". After that, my USB drive is accessible. How do I set this policy to be persistent after a reboot? This machine is not part of a domain so it controls its own group
    policy. I've tried removing the "GroupPolicy" and "GroupPolicyUser" folders in system32 and rebooting but it didn't help.

jimwald, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Access Denied on all removable storages

Somewhere in the last 2-3 weeks I lost access to all removable storages. Accessing the SD Card in my laptop results in "Access denied", accessing a usb-stick on my usb-port results in "Access denied". Putting a Usb-Stick into my docking station (which is
    plugged in via usb into my laptop) results in "Access denied".

All other devices (keyboard, mouse, docking-station) work, but I can't access
    any
    removeable storage. No matter on which usb (2.0, 3.0) port they are plugged into.

I checked the registry keys, I checked the policies - all good.

When I try to take ownership I always get the error "Failed to enumerate the objects in the container. Access denied". There is no way to change the permission.

Icacls does not work: Access denied.

Grant does not work: Access denied.

I made a full virus scan, no results.

It also doesn't matter how many drives there are, none is accessible.

The disk-management shows me the disks, it even shows me free/used space, so there is no hardware problem to read the data. It must be some thing in my windows 8.1 which disabled all access.

Driver Version of the removable disks is always: 6.3.9600.18758 from 21.06.2006, which seems to be the latest one, since updating the driver doesn't change anything

I also tried to refresh the OS using an .iso Image. Its possible to mount the drive so that I can browse through the Image, but running setup.exe also results in "Access denied" ...

Any further suggestions?

Tobias Krasinger AT outlook.com, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

USB Removable storage device access denied Effected by Edit Group Policy

Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer

Windows 10 Pro? If so, check Group Policy 'Administrative Templates > System > Removable Storage Access' for any enabled policies. The 'All removable Storage classes: Deny all access' policy seems one likely candidate.

If not there, then select Administrative Templates and In the Actions menu set the Filter options to show any configured policies, then turn the filter on.

Thema:

USB Removable storage device access denied Effected by Edit Group Policy

1. USB Removable storage device access denied Effected by Edit Group Policy - Similar Threads - USB Removable storage

2. Edit Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  3. Edit Group Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  4. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  5. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  6. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safe mode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem. I can't even...
  7. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safe mode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem. I can't even...
  8. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello,I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows. I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  9. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello,I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows. I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  10. Denied group policy for a group, but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Denied group policy for a group, but not working: I have a group policy , and need to deny that for a group of people. I created a universal security group and added to delegation- advanced - and allowed read and denied apply group policy. But it not working and the the group policy is still applied to that group of people....