Windows 10: USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

Discus and support USB restarts when headphones are plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StevenSheaves, May 6, 2020.

1. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

Seemingly randomly.

I built my own PC.

I have specs listed below.

Rosewill RISE Glow case

Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard.

AMD Ryzen 2700x processor

EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU

Corsair 550x PSU

intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think?

Samsung SSD, and also a 7200 500gb from an old Dell.

Only extras items is a Rosewill Multimedia card reader can get specs if this is important

a DVDrw drive in the 5.5 inch bay

I had to use a USB splitter to install the Rosewill mm card reader.

So, I will be using the internet and watching videos: it seems to be ONLY when I have my headphones plugged in, all of the USB port on my computer will stop working briefly, then immediately begin working again. The Bluetooth also disconnects and reconnects. I haven't noticed a drop in wifi. However, form time to time the wifi will have an issue, where it just disconnects for on apparent reason, and I can simply reconnect. I do not believe the wifi issue is connected to this one.

I don't remember it ever happening when I am not using my headphones.

I have viewed event viewer and error logs and I can only find ONE report that happens every time this happens.

it says this:

Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes link keys on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup.

Log Name: System

Source: BTHUSB

Date: 5/5/2020 6:15:35 PM

Event ID: 18

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-73B4VDG

Description:

Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes link keys on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="BTHUSB" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16389">18</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-05-05T23:15:35.8493191Z" />

<EventRecordID>29152</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="7520" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-73B4VDG</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Binary>00000800010000000000000012000540000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000E000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

StevenSheaves, May 6, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, May 6, 2020
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, May 6, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

USB Type-C Headphones With Windows 10

Here are steps to help fix the issue:

• Plug your headphones in.
    • At the bottom right side of your desktop taskbar, right click the volume icon and select
      Playback devices.
    • Check the default device and if it detects the headphones you plugged in.
    • If it does not detect your headphones, you will need to update your BIOS.

Keep us posted.

Rhina Vib, May 6, 2020
Thema:

USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

1. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in - Similar Threads - USB restarts headphones

2. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  3. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  4. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones not working when plugged in

Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  6. Wired headphones are not working when plugged into USB-C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired headphones are not working when plugged into USB-C: My wired USB-C headphones don't play any sound when plugged into the USB-C outlet for my computer. I tried uninstalling the driver, updating drivers, restarting. The headphones are recognized as a device under sound settings, but not playing any sounds. I have a dell XPS 13...
  7. Wired headphones are not working when plugged into USB-C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired headphones are not working when plugged into USB-C: My wired USB-C headphones don't play any sound when plugged into the USB-C outlet for my computer. I tried uninstalling the driver, updating drivers, restarting. The headphones are recognized as a device under sound settings, but not playing any sounds. I have a dell XPS 13...
  8. Usb Headphones plugged in but doesn't play through the headphones

Usb Headphones plugged in but doesn't play through the headphones: I just bought these new headphones and computer is new it is a HP Pavilion Pc 15-eh009wm and a AMD Ryzen 5 core, The headphones doesn't show up to switch it to default when I plug it in I installed new drivers but I'm not sure if I updated them to the correct driver I have...
  9. Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version v6.0.8838.1 A09 which is the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the...
  10. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...