Windows 10: USB ruined with Media creating tool

Discus and support USB ruined with Media creating tool in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi dear community I need help with my usb stick, couple weeks ago I got the windows fall update for my pc and I had just a little space on my C drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nour3ddine, Nov 15, 2019.

1. USB ruined with Media creating tool

Hi dear community I need help with my usb stick, couple weeks ago I got the windows fall update for my pc and I had just a little space on my C drive, so I found out that I can upgrade using my USB, that's what I did and sadly it didn't go well, the installation stopped half away and got a loop (fixed it with clean installation), but since then getting "This disk is write protected" I have tried a lot of methods to fix it without any success.

I used Diskpart, Registry and eausus software, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard with no solution.

Any help

:)

Nour3ddine, Nov 15, 2019

2. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Pythe Win User

USB ruined with Media creating tool

Media Creation Tool ruined USB stick

I tried creating a bootable USB using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool last night. It worked great, and I'm done with it. I want to format my USB stick so I can use it again, but the volume appears to have been marked read-only. How can I recover use
    of my USB stick?

Pythe, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

USB ruined with Media creating tool

1. USB ruined with Media creating tool - Similar Threads - USB ruined Media

2. When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...: and also is it save boot ? because in my windows 10 now it's asking me for tmp 2.0 and secured boot but i don't want to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 but to make a new clean installation. so now it's making my usb to be bootable with windows 11 i just wonder if i need to...
  3. When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...: and also is it save boot ? because in my windows 10 now it's asking me for tmp 2.0 and secured boot but i don't want to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 but to make a new clean installation. so now it's making my usb to be bootable with windows 11 i just wonder if i need to...
  4. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  5. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  6. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  7. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass few month, my computers had been being mess up, files missing, password protected files (7z files 15 chars pwd) being openned, more than ten...
  8. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass months, my computers had been being files mess up, files missing, password protected files being opened (7z files 15 chars pwd), more than ten...
  9. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984
  10. Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 that I installed as a full version (not from the free update, I purchased the full edition from Microsoft). Whenever I get a new OS I like to do a clean install so I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which I downloaded...