Windows 10: USB 'Safe to remove' message never appears

Discus and support USB 'Safe to remove' message never appears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has happened only after I applied the 1703 update: I insert a USB drive. I click on the 'Safely Remove' icon in the notification area. I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rickhev1, Jul 30, 2017.

1. rickhev1 Win User

USB 'Safe to remove' message never appears

This has happened only after I applied the 1703 update: I insert a USB drive. I click on the 'Safely Remove' icon in the notification area. I click 'Eject'. No 'Safe to remove' message appears. This behavior never varies, even if I don't read or write to the drive. What to do?

:)

rickhev1, Jul 30, 2017
  2. FJH2015 Win User

"Safe to remove hardware and eject media" not working properly.

As of yesterday, the "safe to remove" functionality on my computer with Windows 10 has become the same as it was with Windows 7 - I can now shut down both USB drives without removing either one. After clicking to remove one USB, a "safe to remove..." message
    pops up, and after clicking it, the window appears letting me click the other USB drive, and another "safe to remove..." message pops up, and I then remove both USB drives. Apparently MS has sent me an update that has corrected the problem.

FJH2015, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Usb storage eject problem

Hello there,

i have a problem with the safely remove usb devise in windows 10. When i do the usb folder is dissapearing like normaly does when safely remove it but windows never show " you can now safely remove usb devise" message. Also in some usb's there is no eject
    option when i right click them.

i tried sfc/ scannow for system problem but found nothing. what should i do?

StavrosSid, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

The consensus seems to be developing that, if you click Eject and it disappears from the list, it's safe to remove because most Removable USB devices are defaulted to the "Quick Removal" Policy anyway.

USB 'Safe  to remove' message never appears [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 30, 2017
  5. rickhev1 Win User
    I click the icon and choose Eject. I get no message. The icon is still there, but clicking it again does nothing. I do indeed have Quick Removal set, so in theory I don't really have to Eject.

I think I have solved the problem, though. I had made wpnuserservice's Startup type manual via a registry change. It was not starting on its own. After I started it, the Safe to Remove message appeared. I'll change the Startup type back to automatic in the registry.

rickhev1, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Try3 Win User
  7. rickhev1 Win User
    Thanks. For me everything works fine again now that wpnuserservice is running. One might think that if it were needed, the system would start it, but that is not the case.

rickhev1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB 'Safe to remove' message never appears - Similar Threads - USB 'Safe remove'

2. SAFELY REMOVE USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SAFELY REMOVE USB: THIS PROBLEM STARTED RECENTLY.WHENEVER I PLUG IN MY HARDDISK OR USB OR PENDRIVES THE SAFELY REMOVE OPTION IS AVAILABLE BUT IT IS NOT ACTIVE.I MEAN TO SAY I AM UNABLE TO USE SAFELY REMOVE USB.HAS ANY ONE FACED THIS PROBLEM.KINDLY GIVE ME THE SOLUTION....
  3. Safely Remove MESSAGE missing

Safely Remove MESSAGE missing: Hi there I've searched and found similar issues but no solution that fits. The issue seems to have started after the last Windows update although I can't be 100% on that. When I go to remove my Seagate Expansion external hard drive I can click on the 'safely remove'...
  4. Safely Remove USB

Safely Remove USB: Hi Folks, I have a 500 GB WD HDD attached to my Win 10 Laptop. I tried to Safely Remove it 5 times but was still in use. I restarted my PC where I knew I could remove it safely, but I didn't. On restarting with it still connected, I was still unable to remove it safely. Is...
  5. Safely Remove USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove USB: Hi Folks, I have a 500 GB WD HDD attached to my Win 10 Laptop. I tried to Safely Remove it 5 times but was still in use. I restarted my PC where I knew I could remove it safely, but I didn't. On restarting with it still connected, I was still unable to remove it safely. Is...
  6. "Safe to remove" USB notification bubble stopped appearing

"Safe to remove" USB notification bubble stopped appearing: Version 1903, OS build 18362.720 This problem seems to come around every once in a while, and it's mystery that seems designed to infuriate users. One way they do this is fixing something that wasn't broken in the last version. Another way is hiding things. Earlier today,...
  7. Safe to remove device message not appearing - windows 10

Safe to remove device message not appearing - windows 10: I click on the "Safely remove Hardware and eject media" and click on my device. There is no message telling me it is safe to remove. This just started happening this week. How do I get the message back?...
  8. Safely Remove notification message not appearing

Safely Remove notification message not appearing: I found out lately when I use the Safely Remove , I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I had 'Show app notification' set to on, but still it does not appear. Do anyone have the same problem or know a solution to it? I would like to get notified the...
  9. message to safely remove usb device

message to safely remove usb device: I need to get back the notification that I can safely remove a USB pen drive, the notification that happens in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I think I used to have it but somehow turned it off. thanks 54542
  10. Safely Remove usb

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove usb: Hi All All's good so far with Windows 10 upgrade, after coming here not been able to activate Windows but thanks to this site I was able to find a resolution, clicking like mad on the Activate button done the trick sounds weird but it worked *Biggrin but one thing that I...