Windows 10: USB & SD cards are not auto opening

Discus and support USB & SD cards are not auto opening in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Forum, I have had issues with USB and SD cards not "auto" playing on my desktop HP Pavilion p6620f running Window10. This has been an issue for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bman555, Mar 13, 2017.

1. bman555 Win User

USB & SD cards are not auto opening

Hi Forum,
    I have had issues with USB and SD cards not "auto" playing on my desktop HP Pavilion p6620f running Window10. This has been an issue for a long time, I've just been tolerating the situation.
    Any USB and any SD card shows up in My PC as do all the drives. Access can be gained from here , so there is not an issue with bad cards, etc.
    The first driver listed from Device Manager for Universal Serial Bus controllers is "Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader -driver date 1/19/2017- Ver. 10.0.14393.31233 , which I down loaded and installed hoping this would fix my issue . It did not.
    I have tried to use some of the other possibles and still no luck.
    I have googled this issue and have tried all of the proposed remedies with no success.
    A side note . i have a Asus laptop with Windows 10 installed and I have no issues with the same USB drive and SD card.
    Any help?

Thanks

:)

bman555, Mar 13, 2017
  2. dslumia Win User

Does Auto call recorder work in LUMIA-720 on SD card

Does Auto call recorder work in LUMIA-720 on SD card

1.Need Auto Call record &
    2.To be saved on SD card

Pls help which App will support

dslumia, Mar 13, 2017
  3. RJSJ Win User
    window 10 autoplay not working

I have upgraded my Dell Inspiron N4110 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I have two problems when I try to import photos from an SD card:

1) Although the SD card is recognized (and I can see and open the JPEG photos from Windows Explorer), the Photos app does not recognize the new image source (when I hit "Import" it says that no devices are found).

2) Auto Play does not work. When I plug the SD card into the built-in reader, nothing happens. I can open File Explorer (Windows key + E) and see the drive and the files on it.

If I use an external USB SD card reader, the Photos app will import the photos, but Auto Play still does not function.

I have gone through Windows+X > Control Panel > Auto Play and I can see that "use Auto Play for all media and devices" is selected with "Ask me every time" for Removable drive, Memory Card, DVD movie and Audio CD. Toggling the "use Auto Play" off, rebooting,
    toggling it back on, and rebooting does not make it work.

This feature used to work fine under Windows 7 on this computer with this SD card.

4. TrustMe Win User

Try this
    Open an Admin command prompt
    press Enter after each command

diskpart
    automount enable
    exit
    exit

credit Steve C for the answer

TrustMe, Mar 13, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    There's also the AutoPlay item in the Control Panel.

Berton, Mar 13, 2017
  6. bman555 Win User
    TrustMe,
    Tried the command prompt Admin. Did not work. Followed instructions and did a reboot . Still the same . No auto start.

bman555, Mar 13, 2017
  7. TrustMe Win User
    Sorry to hear that, I had the same problem and that's what worked for me. Try Berton's suggestion.

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB & SD cards are not auto opening - Similar Threads - USB cards are

2. Drivers for Unnamed SD card to USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Unnamed SD card to USB Adapter: I have a SD card to USB adapter, which Before I installed windows 10 i had 7 that I took out of my computer while it was searching for drivers. Now it’s recognized as “MASS STORAGE DEVICE” and wont open anything or open at all. I want new drivers for it. Any help!...
  3. Drivers for Unnamed SD card to USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for Unnamed SD card to USB Adapter: I have a SD card to USB adapter, which Before I installed windows 10 i had 7 that I took out of my computer while it was searching for drivers. Now it’s recognized as “MASS STORAGE DEVICE” and wont open anything or open at all. I want new drivers for it. Any help!...
  4. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  5. Sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sd card: my windows 10 is not reading my verbatim micro sd adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/2e69c34c-15aa-4e16-99e9-d13afc29ab45
  6. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  7. Cant access USB or SD cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant access USB or SD cards: So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage. It tells me i need to access the security tab in the properties menu, but there isn't one. Have tried everything in the video linked, but doesnt work. As...
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery: I import pictures from my sd card via a usb stick - when I insert the usb into the pc photo gallery launches and asks me what device I want to import from. On my pc the usb/sd card device is always f:/ (I always use the same port). Is there a way of telling win10 that when...