Windows 10: USB Selective Suspend is not working

Discus and support USB Selective Suspend is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ObinnaOkeke1, Feb 22, 2019.

1. USB Selective Suspend is not working

Greetings all,

Long story short:

No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective suspend setting to "Enable" for, not a single USB port on my computer will turn off during a system shut down state.

(Relevant?) System Information

Operating System: Windows Home 64-bit

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Gene

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K

GPU: Asus Nvidia GeForce 2080 Ti STRIX 11G

Ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)

OS Drive: Two 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSDs in Raid 1

Back Story:

I've given up on reading articles and how-to's, and am finally just asking for help. The full situation is that I have hardware peripheral devices connected and powered by an external USB hub to my computer's rear IO USB ports. In order to avoid reaching over and through awkward spaces just to switch things on and off EVERYTIME, I need to have these devices turn on and off with the computer automatically. So I used the BIOS ErP and Onboard Device Management settings to fully turn off the ability to power USB ports when the computer is in Off States (S4 + S5). However, I also have external and internal RGB light strips, controllers, and things connected through internal USB ports that lose their memory/settings when the system shuts down, regaining those settings only after the OS and services/apps have loaded. Until then, the lights are wild and very unsightly during boot. As such, I decided not to use the BIOS for this and in comes Windows USB Selective Suspend.

Thank you very much for any time and consideration given to this inquiry!

Not sure if this should have been posted under "Sleep and Power on/off" or "Windows Settings." Feel free to move, or suggest a more appropriate location for me to move this to.

:)

ObinnaOkeke1, Feb 22, 2019

2. USB selective suspend

Hi,

To better explain your concern, kindly refer to the support link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Feb 22, 2019
  3. USB selective suspend settings not available?

Hello Grant,

To answer your question about USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Open Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    • Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Please check out the image below for your reference:

USB Selective Suspend is not working 1f6ab742-6b2f-4cb8-ae34-a5db8caa86d8.png

Keep us informed about the outcome.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Steeboo Win User

USB Selective Suspend is not working

USB selective suspend

If I set USB Selective Suspend to DISABLED - Do the USB ports continue to be powered when the laptop is switched off or am I working the wrong way round ?

Steeboo, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

USB Selective Suspend is not working

1. USB Selective Suspend is not working - Similar Threads - USB Selective Suspend

2. USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 News
    USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend: [ATTACH]If after running the powercfg /ENERGY command on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and in the Efficiency Diagnostics Report you see the error message USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend, then this post is intended to help you with the most adequate...
  3. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  4. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  5. Selectively suspend applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selectively suspend applications: I've got a Bluestacks emulator running with several multiplayer game windows open, and I want to be able to selectively suspend the entire Bluestacks program, much like sleep mode. Right now, If the entire PC sleeps and wakes, the game running in the emulator will receive a...
  6. Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.

Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.: I have this keyboard on the laptop that does not respect selective suspend keeping the cpu at high power usage all the time. I've found a way to force the keyboard to go to sleep when not in use, but when it chooses to go from awake to sleep, it has a half a second or so of...
  7. USB Selective Suspend

USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  8. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  9. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend: Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power...
  10. Adjust USB selective suspend setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjust USB selective suspend setting: I think this is a long shot but here goes.... I know how to turn off/on the "USB selective suspend setting". I actually don't mind that it is enabled however what I find annoying is when my external 'wakes', a window pops up showing all of my files on the external as if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power setting usb selective suspend

2. usb selective suspend not found

3. usb selective suspend windows 10

4. usb selective suspend not showing