Windows 10: USB serial port driver

Discus and support USB serial port driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richard Spillman, Nov 8, 2020.

1. USB serial port driver

Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10

:)

Richard Spillman, Nov 8, 2020

2. Yellow ! next to Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the issue seems like HooToo USB port driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this help.

I recommend you to update the HooToo USB port driver and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand and right click on the port device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the USB manufacturer website and install the driver for Windows 10. If the available USB driver is not for Windows 10, try installing the driver in compatibly mode and check.

HooToo.com | Future Network for Today

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to change the port settings, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager (right click on start button
      and then on Device manager).
    2. Then expand port (COMS & LPT).
    3. Then right click on Prolific USB-to Serial Comm Port and then on properties.
    4. Go to port settings and click on Advanced.
    5. You will be able to make the changes on this screen.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Nov 8, 2020
  4. USB serial port driver

Profilic USB-to-Serial comm port driver is not working

Hi Chancel,

To help us to determine as to why the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port on your computer is not working, I suggest checking the status of the device in Device Manager. Here's how:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) category.
    3. Right-click on your Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port and click
      Properties.
    4. Under General, look for the Device status.

You may also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This automated troubleshooter will also help identify and fix issues that it finds.

1. Navigate to Settings > Update & Security.
    2. Click Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Will be waiting for your response so I can help you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

USB serial port driver

1. USB serial port driver - Similar Threads - USB serial port

2. Serial to usb driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serial to usb driver: hello everyone.I need help.I am using a serial to usb cable between a modbus slave device and my computer.I want to configure the usb port on my computer but cannot find it under device manager.My computer is running windows 10.Do I need to install a multiport serial driver...
  3. Serial to usb driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serial to usb driver: hello everyone.I need help.I am using a serial to usb cable between a modbus slave device and my computer.I want to configure the usb port on my computer but cannot find it under device manager.My computer is running windows 10.Do I need to install a multiport serial driver...
  4. Serial to usb driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  6. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  7. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Serial Port Driver

Serial Port Driver: I need to install a serial port driver. Where can I find such a driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-port-driver/4a31f06a-0c90-4c1d-9379-6e1b6d982898
  9. Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.: Hello, I am working on windows 10 Pro (version 1703). I've already installed the driver of a serial-usb multi-function cable, and it was successfully defined. But when I tried to access its port setting, the corresponding tab didn't appear at all in the driver properties....
  10. physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

physical serial ports (Not USB connected): My tower has two physical (old school) serial ports which I need to use for a Kenwood CAT radio interface (TS-850) and a RigBlaster PRO soundcard digital interface at the same time. I have tried everything that google has found for me without any luck. I have tried 2 USB to...