Windows 10: USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

Discus and support USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guru-#, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Guru-# Win User

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell Active mode under change advanced power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled default or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

:)

Guru-#, Mar 7, 2020

2. Power Options: Edit Plan Settings & Advanced Settings - Restore Power Plan Defaults Not Working

swanTight

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that suggestion did not resolve the issue.

The option to "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options is still not available and the "Restore Plan Defaults" button on the advanced settings screen is still grayed out.

Thank You

Jamie Grau, Mar 7, 2020
  3. antares Win User
    Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10  

Hi Brink, there's good and bad news *really
    The good news: I was able to restore all missing power plans. The bad news: the restored power plans show up as long as Modern Standby is disabled (value 0 in csenabled registry key).
    Here is what I did:
    I started having "Balanced" as the only power plan displayed. I then disabled Modern Standby as you suggested and multiple instances of the various power plans showed up as seen below:

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it? [​IMG]

So I then went ahead to delete the added power plans to start from a clean state using your instructions
    I then added the power plans using Powershell as explained in this thread. The power plans were added successfully as shown below:

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it? [​IMG]

I then enabled Modern Standby, rebooted and this was the result:

So I disabled Modern Standby and finally got back the missing power plans again:

Also I observed another change: now, the power icon in system tray does not show the slider to set it to save or best performance, as seen below:

So the question remains: how to have Power in Control Panel show all Power Plans without having Modern Standby Disabled.

antares, Mar 7, 2020
  4. USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

Power Options: Edit Plan Settings & Advanced Settings - Restore Power Plan Defaults Not Working

Greetings

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and the option to "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options is no longer visible on the "Edit Plan Settings" page in the Control Panel (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings). I also noticed
    that the "Restore Plan Defaults" button is visible on the "Power Options > Advanced Settings" window, however the button is grayed out and not clickable.

How can I "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options and / or enable the functionality of the function to do so?

Thank You

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it? bef2e509-1908-44c9-88db-7ffdc9bf760e.jpg

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it? 4e3afda9-93ca-4ede-bdfe-36af7bed154e.jpg

Jamie Grau, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

1. USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it? - Similar Threads - USB settings Power

2. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  3. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  4. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.: When i go to "change advanced power setting" I'm missing the usb settings. It's a brand new asus vivobook running WIn 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-settings-in-power-plan-options-is-missing-in/fcdd2e1e-2a20-4c27-aa45-16f1ce742064
  6. How to restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Power Plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the two. In this post, we will [...] This post How to...
  7. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...
  8. Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2: Ugraded from windows 10 rtm to windows 10 th2 and lost the option to restore a power plan to its default settings, so when i edit a power plan, i cant reset it to the defaults, is this normal with th2??? The first screenshot is of the option being there, well what its...
  9. Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10: How to: Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10 How to Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize...
  10. Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings: Hi there. for some reason i cannot remove any custom battery plans i made. the option to is gone. So i made a plan called"Delete" (as a 3rd test) [img] then tried to delete it. but i cant. [img] it is like this for the other two plans i created. "Downloaded and...