Windows 10: USB showing as CD? Any fix?

Discus and support USB showing as CD? Any fix? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Look , is there a way I can do it like a USB should do? The F: is the USB 45397 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WindowsLoooveer, Mar 26, 2016.

1. USB showing as CD? Any fix?

USB showing as CD? Any fix? [​IMG]

Look , is there a way I can do it like a USB should do? The F: is the USB

:)

WindowsLoooveer, Mar 26, 2016
  2. Mooshy Win User

Dell Venue Pro showing up as 4 unknown USB Devices?

I just recieved my 2nd Dell Venue Pro after having to return the first one due to a faulty headphone jack, however now this phone refuses to be recognized on my computer as a phone (when the last one would be recognized fine).

When I plug it into the computer it comes up as 4 unrecognized usb devices and can not find any drivers for any of them (even when pointed to the zune drivers folder).

The auto-find drivers window pops up 4 times in a row and can not find any drivers for any of the 'devices' that pop up.

Im on Windows XP pro SP3. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mooshy, Mar 26, 2016
  3. usb 2.0 showing up as 3.0

Hello,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing this issue when you try connecting other device also?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    Follow the methods and check if it helps:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 26, 2016
  4. USB showing as CD? Any fix?

Quite normal as far as I'm aware. "Finish burning" and "erase this disk" are greyed out.

Torquemada, Mar 26, 2016
  5. Will it still work without any problems and just like normal?

WindowsLoooveer, Mar 26, 2016
  6. Ok thanks !

WindowsLoooveer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB showing as CD? Any fix?

1. USB showing as CD? Any fix? - Similar Threads - USB showing fix

2. Cd files not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd files not showing: We have bought a AVR Dev board few weeks ago, they have gave a cd with it, when we insert the cd, it is only showing desktop.ini as "to be written to the disk",the disk should be filled with data sheets, examples, codes and programs..... the cd is not showing any files.......
  3. Cd files not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd files not showing: We have bought a AVR Dev board few weeks ago, they have gave a cd with it, when we insert the cd, it is only showing desktop.ini as "to be written to the disk",the disk should be filled with data sheets, examples, codes and programs..... the cd is not showing any files.......
  4. Windows recovery USB & CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery USB & CD: I have a recovery USB and a set of recovery CD's but it is not clear how to use them. The system I want to restore is still booting but some parts of the Windows interface are missing e.g. the Start button doesn't work anymore, no pop-up....
  5. USB connected has malfunctioned. Any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB connected has malfunctioned. Any way to fix this?: PC doesn't recognize the device; tried all USB ports and also tried the uninstall feature for USB driver and still no progress. Any other options? All other connected devices work normally. submitted by /u/EatSleepBussaNut [link] [comments]...
  6. Taskbar preview not showing up, any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar preview not showing up, any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KKAddi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkv7bw/taskbar_preview_not_showing_up_any_fix/
  7. how to fix bootmgr is missing without cd or usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix bootmgr is missing without cd or usb: how to fix bootmgr is missing without cd or usb, I just restarted my pc, and this happened, I have tried all the method but failed please help....
  8. USB to CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB to CD: I am converting audio and music cassettes to USB using an MP3 converter. What is the easiest way to convert my USB MP3's to CD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-cd/a85e48ef-e5cc-4995-8eda-f124bb0a8d81"
  9. CD>MP3>USB>HiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD>MP3>USB>HiFi: Hi My aim is to rip CD tracks, save them as MP3 files on my PC, then sync them to a USB stick so that I can play them via the USB port on my DVD player which is part of my hi fi system (or anywhere else).I want to be able to have a playlist of my favourite tracks which will...
  10. CD to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD to USB: I place a CD in my optical drive and I can not use Media Player to read or RIP it to a USB jump drive. Media Player acts like the optical drive and CD are not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-to-usb/902d4263-68d5-48b9-8956-ecfc8163cd8d