Windows 10: USB size needed for Macrium Reflect rescue media & W10 (1903)

Discus and support USB size needed for Macrium Reflect rescue media & W10 (1903) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; First usb drive was too small. Big ones I use for work. How large do I need for a dedicated stick to act as rescue media? Using Macrium Reflect ver 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mustachio, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

USB size needed for Macrium Reflect rescue media & W10 (1903)

First usb drive was too small. Big ones I use for work. How large do I need for a dedicated stick to act as rescue media?
    Using Macrium Reflect ver 7.

Thank you.

:)

Mustachio, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Creating rescue media - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Cliff S, Dec 27, 2019
  3. m3mpower Win User
    Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Hi

i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home.
    i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ).

i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it on my external.

my question is, will the rescue media created on the PC work on the Surface ? or each machine must have its own rescue media ?

thank you

m3mpower, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Phone Man Win User

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

During the making of your Rescue USB there is a window that shows what devices have drivers built into Macrium. Did it show anything about USB 3? I used the W10 PE choice. The W8 and W10 PE has support for USB3. To add a driver I believe you have to add the .inf file for the device. (This is from my old memory and may be incorrect.)

The USB xHCI is USB 3

USB size needed for Macrium Reflect rescue media & W10 (1903) [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. USB size needed for Macrium Reflect rescue media & W10 (1903) - Similar Threads - USB size needed

2. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  3. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...
  4. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...
  5. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  6. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  7. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  9. Macrium Reflect Free usb rescue media and wifi driver

Macrium Reflect Free usb rescue media and wifi driver: Hi, I'm trying last Macrium Reflect Free 64-bit UEFI version (6.3 build 1835), and it's working great. Only thing I'd like to know, if there are some license restrictions on free version, to the wifi drivers using usb rescue media. When I build the usb rescue media,...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...