Windows 10: USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones

Discus and support USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a StarTech ICUSBAUDIO USB sound adapter [img] on a Windows 10 laptop. It shows up as a C-Media audio device. If I plug my -known good-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickNCN, Jul 13, 2019.

1. RickNCN Win User

USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones

I'm using a StarTech ICUSBAUDIO USB sound adapter
    USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones [​IMG]
    on a Windows 10 laptop. It shows up as a C-Media audio device.

If I plug my -known good- Bose "On Ear Headphones"
    USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones [​IMG]
    into the output jack, I get very low volume and a lot of distortion and crackling.

If I plug my speaker plug into the output, the sound is crystal clear.

The headphones work perfectly with my desktop so I know they are good. What could be going on? Is it an impedance mismatch?

I had some trouble finding the input impedance of my Bose "On Ear Headphones", but a reference website measured them at about 25ohms average depending on frequency. I think they're probably rated at 32ohms in specs I'd guess.. Using the industry standard 1/8 rule, the output impedance should be about 3-4ohms. IDK what the actual output impedance is on it.

Could this be causing my problems?
    *Confused

:)

RickNCN, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Pleasant Win User

[Issue] Distorted / Crackling sound From Headphone While using mouse scroll

Suddenly my pc developed this issue the Distrorted sound / crackling sound comes from headphone or switching Browser Tabs
    if the music is being played the sound comes distorted dunno why this problem started i changed the mouse and USB Ports as well still same issue checked PROCESSOR usage it was under 30% and 33 to 40c in temperature
    Need Help *Confused USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones :confused:

Pleasant, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jul 13, 2019
  4. LITEchazr Win User

Video distortion, sound crackling

Hi all !

Finally built my dream PC. Overall the experience has been bittersweet, as youtube videos are very distorted when I use google chrome (but works fine on edge), sometimes a white line would appear in a window then disappear, and sound is sometimes crackling horribly (but goes away when I restart the application).

Here is my build
    System Builder - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB AORUS - PCPartPicker

Would anyone know where those issues are coming from ?
    Thanks in advance !

LITEchazr, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones - Similar Threads - USB sound card

2. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  3. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  4. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: Hello all. Been at this problem for a few days now and running out of ideas. Things were running fine until the last windows update, which ended up bricking my PC. The update hung halfway through the process. 4 hours later, I reset the PC. On start up, I immediately got the...
  5. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: Hello all. Been at this problem for a few days now and running out of ideas. Things were running fine until the last windows update, which ended up bricking my PC. The update hung halfway through the process. 4 hours later, I reset the PC. On start up, I immediately got the...
  6. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

7. Crackling sound in my bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound in my bluetooth headphones: in my bluetooth headphone JBL TUNE 700BT i hear a strange crackling noise when in meetings alone. but when i listen to any song or any youtube video its very clear......and also i tried this in a different laptop, the sound was crystal clear....so there's some problem in my...
  8. Crackling sound in my bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound in my bluetooth headphones: in my bluetooth headphone JBL TUNE 700BT i hear a strange crackling noise when in meetings alone. but when i listen to any song or any youtube video its very clear......and also i tried this in a different laptop, the sound was crystal clear....so there's some problem in my...
  9. Sound card recording distortion

Sound card recording distortion: I have been trying to record my piano and voice using my laptop using Audacity recording software and an external desktop microphone. After about 1 min or less, the recording volume shown on the waveform decreases dramatically on it's own. It also sounds very distorted on...
  10. Headphones distorted sound ''fix''

Headphones distorted sound ''fix'': Ive been trying to fix my headphones not working correctly with my pc and couldnt find a solution anywhere so i thought id post this here. If your headphones doesnt work with your pc/makes a distorted sound like its underwater or something like that it might be because of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound card only distortion after plugging in headphones