Windows 10: USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10

Discus and support USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, hope you are fine.I have a USB sound card attached to my computer and it was working fine until yesterday. Sometimes when I plug it in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IbrahimAhmed18, Jun 24, 2022.

1. USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10

Hello, hope you are fine.I have a USB sound card attached to my computer and it was working fine until yesterday. Sometimes when I plug it in a notification appears saying the USB device malfunctioned and it is not being recognized. Sometimes I plug it in and it turns on for a second there is a red light on the sound card showing whether or not it is on and for a moment I can hear the audio. Other times I plug it in and it works completely fine. I plugged the sound card into my laptop to see if it works and it does. Any solutions? Thank you for your help.

:)

IbrahimAhmed18, Jun 24, 2022
  2. lZKoce Win User

Recommend me a Sound Card (Windows 10)

How do you feel about USB sound cards? $130 is a sizable budget. Depending on your listening setup, you could use Sound Blaster X-Fi HD / Sound Blaster Omni Sound etc. I have grown attached to USB sound cards, because I can swap them between different machines:

• Laptop with crappy audio-> no problem/
    • mini-ITX build with crappy audio-> no problem etc etc

lZKoce, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Delta6326 Win User

USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10

Delta6326, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10

1. USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Sound Card

2. USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10: Hello, hope you are fine.I have a USB sound card attached to my computer and it was working fine until yesterday. Sometimes when I plug it in a notification appears saying the USB device malfunctioned and it is not being recognized. Sometimes I plug it in and it turns on for...
  3. USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sound Card "malfunctioned" on Windows 10: Hello, hope you are fine.I have a USB sound card attached to my computer and it was working fine until yesterday. Sometimes when I plug it in a notification appears saying the USB device malfunctioned and it is not being recognized. Sometimes I plug it in and it turns on for...
  4. sound icon malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound icon malfunction: clicking on my speaker icon in system tray does absolutely nothing, I've tried other solutions listed here with no success, I'm looking for further advice on how to correct this issue....
  5. sound icon malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound icon malfunction: clicking on my speaker icon in system tray does absolutely nothing, I've tried other solutions listed here with no success, I'm looking for further advice on how to correct this issue....
  6. sound icon malfunction

7. USB Sound Extenal Sound Card

USB Sound Extenal Sound Card: Haii was trying to connect V8 sound card in my laptop Acer Nitor 5, but it is not detecting in the input device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-sound-extenal-sound-card/82c5184a-5ef9-48f0-901d-07cc1cf39794
  8. USB pnp Audio Sound Card

USB pnp Audio Sound Card: My Audio Jack on my Laptop Just Broke, so i bought a Audio Sound Card, the Problem is I Don't like the Sound Driver on my Sound Card, how can i replace/Change my Sound Driver..thanks...
  9. Windows 10 keeps muting usb sound card channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps muting usb sound card channels: I have two windows 10 PCs each with a different usb soundcard and randomly windows 10 mutes 1 of the channels. If i click on the sound settings in windows i see one of them is muted so i unmute and all works and then randomly it mutes again hours or days later. How do i just...
  10. Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.

Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.: After 2 months of doing everything possible to fix the Crackling Audio after a Windows 10 Update & then dealing with Microsoft over the phone numerous times, And no resolution. I decided to get some USB Sound Card's. And I have sound again. Both have the same sample rate of...